2001 GT - Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 GT - Exhaust

I bought a GT. Yes, it's slow, and yes, it will stay that way. Looking for exhaust options, without it being too loud. I really like the sound of Bassani. Flowmaster sounds like shit, from the few I've heard. I haven't really been a fan of the Borla I've heard, too loud.

This will be a DD, and I'm in the car 50-70% of the day. I'm hard of hearing as is, and need to be able to hear my phone when I get calls. I haven't played around with it yet, but the Apline head unit does have bluetooth. I'd prefer the drone not get in the way of phone calls.

Suggestions? I know I can dynamat the interior, but that stuff is a pain in the dick to deal with.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Id go with some magnaflow mufflers, tone without drone, and it wont be too loud to talk on the phone.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Probably Mac if you don't like flows.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Probably Mac if you don't like flows.
        If he doesnt like flows, he wouldnt like mac.. I like them, but they have a hint of farm truck to them.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Honestly I'd leave it the hell alone if you need to be on calls in it, Brent.

Comment

Another vote for leaving the stock exhaust on it. Ford did a good job with it.

<<<<< used to have a 2001 GT

Comment

Phone calls? Mid body dumps or side exhaust.

Comment

Honestly I'd leave it the hell alone if you need to be on calls in it, Brent.
                It's just too quiet.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  It's just too quiet.

Throw a catted h pipe on it and see what that does with the stock mufflers.

Comment

Try a pair of Dynomax VT series mufflers. They are similar to what new Corvette's have, a flap that will open under WOT for straight through flow, but during normal driving it stays closed and sounds close to a stock muffler. My brother has them on his Caddy and they are as advertised, quiet when they're supposed to be and louder at WOT.

Comment

Throw a catted h pipe on it and see what that does with the stock mufflers.
                      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        wat?

You ever thrown a high flow catted or offroad h pipe on a Mustang with stock mufflers? Gives it a decent rumble that isn't overbearing.

Comment

You ever thrown a high flow catted or offroad h pipe on a Mustang with stock mufflers? Gives it a decent rumble that isn't overbearing.
                          I used stock GT mufflers on my street race vert way back in the day, catless. Not loud at all, no tone. I think he would be happier with magnaflows on the stock catted H to get some tone but not be loud.

Comment

I vote for the Magnaflows too, mine was horribly loud with long tubes, X-pipe and Flowmasters. Swapped to a Prochamber and Magnaflow cat back, nice rumble at idle, very little drone and not overbearing at WOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              I used stock GT mufflers on my street race vert way back in the day, catless. Not loud at all, no tone. I think he would be happier with magnaflows on the stock catted H to get some tone but not be loud.
                              Used an offroad X on my 01 Cobra with stock mufflers and thought it sounded pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X