No announcement yet.

5.3 build cheap! N/a cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just completed the wiring on this one last night (custom harness, not loomed yet). 5.3 with a 4l80e, going to be a daily driver (100+ miles a day). air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, and a 150shot.

let me know if you end up going this route and need any tips

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
      Even if this motor you are picking up is free its not worth it. You can find good ones for so cheap there is no point in dealing with one that has issues.
      Fuck that! Core charges ain't free! If it goes bang, he can swap it to a rebuilder for a cheap replacement.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I thought he wanted to keep this as cheap as possible? You are not going to have one properly rebuilt for anything I would consider cheap, even with a free core.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          I thought he wanted to keep this as cheap as possible? You are not going to have one properly rebuilt for anything I would consider cheap, even with a free core.

Id save the one he has now. Buy one that needs nothing to run, or at most re ring it and bearings.

I plan on blowing up a few before building a good one, just for the learning curve on the tuning software.

Comment

I like that idea but wouldnt even touch the bearings or rings. Oil pump and timing set isnt a bad idea though.

There is no reason you should kill one unless you do something really stupid, or there was an existing mechanical issue.

Comment

Working...
            X