code readers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code readers

Does anyone have a VADIS, VIDA/Dice or equivalent code reader that will read manufacturer specific DTC's? Or any advice on a good reasonably priced reader.

I have a few tricky ones on my vulva after I installed my new ETM. It's throwing TCM, ETS and ETM codes just like before the repair. I really want to know what they are in more detail, not the generic codes and I don't have $2k to spend on a vtx reader for a car valued just a bit over that.

Car is a 1999 volvo v70 t5 with ME7 and some mods.
    Ded

Id recommend a gynocologist look at your vulva if its having problems sir.

Comment

It's a bright red volvo wagon, only a vagina would drive it.

I know this isn't the best forum for this, but there are a few professional mechanics on here and I though they could help.
      Ded

Comment

I thaught there was a way to check them on board?

Comment

I have a snapon solus with euro software. I wouldn't say I'm a professional mechanic, but I've been working on cars daily as a profession for over 16 years, I do try to avoid euro stuff though.

Comment

Dat turbobricks.com if you don't already know. Can't help ya on the reader. Maybe try
            hitting up "swift justice" from T-bricks and see what he can do. he works at a dallas shop and does tons of vo/euro stuff

Comment

Launchtechusa.com has some affordable scanners

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                I thaught there was a way to check them on board?
                Only in the OBD1 cars afaik.

The main issues is that most scanners, only read the generic can/obd2 codes and not the manufacturer specific ones. All car manufacturers are requuired to give out those, but the more detailed stuff is kept pretty secret. I was looking at a chinese vida/dice unit, but then I'd have to buy a laptop and there isn't that much info out there, because volvo is sneaky.
                But then I'd be able to adjust my heated seat temp and all kinds of other crap.

I'll have to register on turbobricks soon and I'm looking at the launchtech stuff now.
                Ded

Comment

I bought the CRP123 because it was the cheapest one I could find that would do SRS reset.

Comment

Code Reader/Talker.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I ended up ordering this one.

BSR PPC 3

Reads, erases and saves generic and manufacturer specific DTC's
                      So it works on Volvo, Saab, VAG and Opel/Vauxhall and reads any manufacturers generic codes and with an add on tuning pack I can tune.

Ded

Comment

OBD2? i have the Torque app and the dongle to read it.

Comment

So I ordered a couple days ago , but something went wrong and they didn't get the security code from my card, so they emailed me and let me know. I sent them the ccv, they ate my shipping and sent it 2 day UPS. Super happy with the fit and finish/packaging. I'm planing on using it tonight and not that anyone cares, but I'll post up after about it. BTW, this thing reads and clears generic and manufacturer specific DTC's from almost every make. If you have a Volvo, VW/Audi or VAG in general, Saab, BMW, Bnez This works aswell or better than the manufacturer's own diagnostic computers.
                          Ded

Comment

Working...
                          X