Need help with monster truck mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with monster truck mustang

I'm running wolfe weld in upper spring perches and wolfe adjustable lower control arms, the spring perch is as low as it can go. The spring is a QA1 10-375. I need to lose about 3". Should I cut the spring i have or buy another set, if buying another set is in the cards what spring should i buy? Thanks.

How it sits now:

Where I want to be:

Those aren't the type of springs you should cut because they are made flat at the top and bottom with the dead coil. Also, if you cut the springs you will increase the spring rate.
    375 seems pretty stiff for rear springs.
    Hypercoil makes excellent springs. Keep in mind that if you go with a different spring rate they are going to compress a different amount than the ones you have when loaded so the difference in ride height will not necessarily be the difference in the free length of the springs.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

375# rear springs in a drag car?
      Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
        375# rear springs in a drag car?
        Thats what the guy at wolfe told me to buy after I told him my setup. Its not a coil over car. It has stock location spring perches

Comment

That sounds like a hell of a lot of spring.

FWIW, We run 130-150's

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
            That sounds like a hell of a lot of spring.

FWIW, We run 130-150's
            Alright thats really aggravating. I just called wolfe again and spoke to Dan who said I should try a 10-300 maybe 10-275. Which is still way off from what you're saying. Anyhow I appreciate the help. Here's how its setup right now with the spring in

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
              Alright thats really aggravating. I just called wolfe again and spoke to Dan who said I should try a 10-300 maybe 10-275. Which is still way off from what you're saying. Anyhow I appreciate the help. Here's how its setup right now with the spring in

If Dan is telling you that, it's the gospel. I'm sure there's a different rate requirement for that particular setup.

Comment

i had that setup on my old coupe. Listen to the guys at wolfe,its their stuff
                One day at a time.

Comment

normal coilovers are mounted further back and would require less spring rate.

I questioned wolfe back then too.
                  One day at a time.

Comment

form yellowbullet

Have the wolfe adjustable perch and just bought my 4th set of springs before finally getting the car right.

Wolfe told me I needed a 10"-375lb spring. I bought 350lb instead, installed and drivers side was perfect but passenger was too high. Only adjustments were to raise car.
                    Next, I purchased a set of 12-130 after advice from a friend. Springs were almost in coil bind. I could barely see light between the center coils.
                    Next, I speak to chassis shops and they say I needed the rear weight of car. I did not have access to scales. I guessed and bought 12-150 springs. I thought I finally had the right ones. The car was slammed with my 28x10.5 slick hitting the top of fenderwell. This is what I wanted so I could raise the car to the height I wanted. Well, I weigh 280 and the springs were too soft. I sit in the car after setting the ride height where I want it and the car squats 1 inch on the drivers side. I could raise the car higher than I want to make it right when I sit in it. Well took the car to a chassis shop and they didn't like the car sitting that much.
                    All along I thought I needed a light spring to allow the rear to squat. A 300lb spring just sounded wrong to me. Well spoke to Wolfe, Jerry Bickell, UPR, and my chassis guy. All spring rate means is that a 150lb spring will lower 1 inch per 150lbs. A 400lb spring will lower 1 inch per 400lbs etc..etc..
                    Well long story I know, but ordered 10-275 and the car is where I want it, and it doesn't lower any when I sit in it.
                    One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X