S10 Blazer steering issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S10 Blazer steering issue?

Are these trucks prone to over rotating the front wheels when turning to lock in either direction?
    It's a non issue in reverse, but when trying to park or anything involving lock-to-lock turning, it's a pita.
    Just wondering if this is normal, or if this thing is fucked up....
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

They eat ball joints and the discard spec is like 1/8". That much freeplay could cause what you are describing.

Comment

There's no slop or play in the steering at all.
      Only when at full lock do the wheels turn too far, and the truck just wants to push forward instead of turn.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
      "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Have the front end checked and alignment looked at by someone you trust. Gms eat idler and pitman arms

Comment

They also have some stupid wheel offset, if it has aftermarket wheels they might be rubbing.

Comment

My regal (uses same basic steering stuff) will try to push the front end in a hard turn, on the hard lock turn, one wheel has more turning radius than the other. This make one tire try to push through the pavement or contact surface.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
              My regal (uses same basic steering stuff) will try to push the front end in a hard turn, on the hard lock turn, one wheel has more turning radius than the other. This make one tire try to push through the pavement or contact surface.
              Is this just a design flaw, or is there something wrong?

Is there a way to fix it, or do I just deal with it?

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2

Comment

See my first post

Comment

Working...
                X