power steering hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering hose

How can I get this off. It seems to be a 16mm wrench, but my wrenches have disapeered. I tried using channel locks, but that but is sift and it flattened it. I'm stuck, I'm putting the rack in and need to replace these hoses too. This one is holding me up.

If you need to replace them, can you not just cut them?

Comment

To be honest, without the correct tools for the job, it will be hard to complete the job. Aside from a crescent wrench, I can't think of anything that would work other than the correct sized wrench.

Comment

I can tell you that you don't want to over torque the swivel connections. If over tightened they will leak.

Comment

if you do not have a line wrench, it sucks to be you. Once the edges got rounded off, you entered Hell.

Good visegrips are next
          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0Thunder View Post
            If you need to replace them, can you not just cut them?
            yep

Comment

Got it off, but it broke off in the fitting. Took the fitting off the pump to try and get it out. Looks like I need a new fitting now

Comment

Manual Rack? lol

Comment

Those fittings are soft metal, and you will likely have issues if you don't use the correct tool.

I usually use a line wrench(must be the correct size) plus vice grips to keep the wrench from spreading out.

Autozone has some fittings on a tube stub, that might be a direct replacement.
                  Jay Johnson
                  Car hauler for hire

Comment

Working...
                  X