power steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering

im putting a new steering rack and hoses on my car tonight and was wondering how many quarts of fluid it takes, dry? i just want to make sure i have everything there and i have no hold ups. i know that i will need an alignment, but im not worrying about this right now. i just want to get it all installed and driving. my car now has a new (to me) motor, new cooling system, and a new power steering system. i just need to service my trans and fix the axle bearing and i should be good to go, for now.

my car has really come a long way since i bought it a little over a year ago. enough so, that my wife rolls her eyes when i talk about getting something else for it. she thinks its a waste of money, but she knew going into getting this car it was a project and a toy.

I usually fill it as full as i can and then have someone start it and continue to add fluid.

Comment

When I replaced my pump and stuff, AZ was able to tell me the capacity.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

i can't imagine it would take more then 3 quarts, but i could be wrong. i have 2 1/2 quarts ready to go in.

Comment

Heck I don't even think it is a qrt. Call AZ and ask them to look it up. It wasn't much.

I wrapped a rag round the top to so I could catch any if they system burped. Better than if running all over the place. Heck I drove with it ziptied on there for a few days just to be safe.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
          X