94 F150 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 F150 question

I have a 94 F150 with a 5.0. The other day, I noticed the dash lights flickered. Then, the dash lights and the tail lights went out, and the battery light turned on. Local shop couldn't duplicate problem. They suggested it might be the multi function switch. Drove it home, dash and tail lights were working fine, battery light went off. Woke up this morning with the same problem as yesterday. Vehicle cranks every time, battery does not act weak. ?????

Let me change that. Battery is weak now. Battery is less than 2 weeks old. But problem is only a couple days old. I could check alternator. But would that cause dash lights and tail lights to intermittently not work while battery light is on??

Comment

Check the short cable going to the solenoid for internal corrosion...these trucks are bad about that shit.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
      "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It's the multifunction switch. Had the same thing happen with my 95.

Comment

The one other thing I forgot to mention is that a couple of times when I tried to crank it, it would clack once like if it was the starter, so it may be the solenoid. Or atleast ill start there. Thanks

Comment

My daughters 93 had the a issue like this, I replaced the cable between the starter and battery. Visibly the cable looked great but did not pass voltage for shit.

Comment

Alternator tested bad today. When I got to oriellys it was testing at 10 volts. And in front of us dwindled down to 9.0 volts as truck died. Took it off and it tested bad inside store as well. ...
              ugh

Comment

Working...
              X