CFI to carb swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFI to carb swap

Read a few articles on the net, but has anyone here done the CFI to carb swap on an 85 ?

I haven't personally done it but have read of lots of others who have over the years. I was always interested since my '84 is CFI but I have a SEFI system to convert it with.

It seems like all you will need is an 4bbl intake, carb, distributor, and the Lokar TV cable. I don't think that you can adapt the TV rod that is currently on your car to work with a 4bbl, at least I don't know of anyone who has been successful with it.
    Last edited by slow84lx; 05-19-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

automatic or manual?
      Big Rooster Racing
      1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
        automatic or manual?
        All CFI Mustangs came with AOD's. The years produced were '84 & '85.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
          All CFI Mustangs came with AOD's. The years produced were '84 & '85.
          yup - 85

Comment

Did you search on www.foureyedpride.com? Quite a few people there have made this change.

Comment

I have done a bunch . What do you want to know ?
              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                I have done a bunch . What do you want to know ?
                Is it worth it? Did you put in a regulator or go to a mechanical pump?
                Just bought this car, the previous owner says it idles rough and stalls out when it warms up.. Just figured the CFI was the culprit. Have no experience with this thing.

Comment

I like to remove the high pressure pump and mod the pickup . You can use the factory lines and run a mechanical or run an electric set up for the carb . You will have to change the distributor and make sure to use one with a hardened gear for the roller cam . The only other thing is the ignition box . You can go duraspark or msd . It is absolutely worth it.
                  Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Working...
                  X