Cobra thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra thread

Figured I'd start a thread where I can upload my progress and ask questions.
    Picked up a 1998 Cobra black with tan leather. It has at least 170k(the odometer doesn't work)
    All stock with a steeda tri ax shifter.

It over heated a couple days ago due to a fan pin melting and the fan wouldn't come on.

When it overheated it sprayed coolant everywhere, which melted a coolant crossover

Checked the spark plugs and found the #7 plug to be loose. Went to tighten it and it wouldn't tighten. The threads in the cylinder were stripped. Did a helicoil kit on it. And two days later it started "missing" while it idles again, any idea what's up?
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

sell it and buy a fox body, thats what I would do.
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Eh idk man
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

If It's mainly leaking at idle look for vacuum leaks.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

You need to do compression tests. I am concerned about a possible warped head. If it really got hot, it could have collapsed the rings. Any codes?

Comment

Pictures of the whole car?

Comment

Pics of keys?

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                You need to do compression tests. I am concerned about a possible warped head. If it really got hot, it could have collapsed the rings. Any codes?
                Only code I know about is the one for the egr delete.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  Pictures of the whole car?

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Only code I know about is the one for the egr delete.
                    That wouldn't cause it. Again, compression test and as mentioned above, vacuum.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      That wouldn't cause it. Again, compression test and as mentioned above, vacuum.
                      Pm sent

Comment

5.0 swap?
                        Big Rooster Racing
                        1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                          5.0 swap?
                          That would be cool

Comment

Did you rent a compression gauge ben?

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                              Did you rent a compression gauge ben?
                              what would Ben do with a compression gauge?
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X