No announcement yet.

Boosted High Horsepower Motor Oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anything diesel related will have tons of detergent which causes detonation. even rotella had the zinc pulled out in march of 07, the same time all the exhaust filters showed up on production diesel trucks. mobil 1 motorcycle 4t full synthetic has over 1600 ppm zinc and is readily available at oriellys or autozone and is about $10/qt.
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
      anything diesel related will have tons of detergent which causes detonation. even rotella had the zinc pulled out in march of 07, the same time all the exhaust filters showed up on production diesel trucks. mobil 1 motorcycle 4t full synthetic has over 1600 ppm zinc and is readily available at oriellys or autozone and is about $10/qt.
      What weight is 4T?

Sent from my not soo far away Galaxy...
      1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
      2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
      2000 F250 4x4 PSD
      2012 Ford Exploder
      www.fquick.com/payne5757
      www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

10/40, there is also a V-twin version of the same oil which is a 20/50 and has over 1750 ppm zinc.
        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

So VR1 has no zinc in it anymore, am I reading this correct Grape?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            So VR1 has no zinc in it anymore, am I reading this correct Grape?
            vr1 does, but there is a huge warning on it to not be used in street cars with catalytic converters.
            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
              vr1 does, but there is a huge warning on it to not be used in street cars with catalytic converters.
              Ok, I've been using it in my sprint that's got a solid flat tappet cam and I was worried about wiping it out.

Comment

Working...
              X