Need GOOD mechanic for 460 Ford engine rebuilt in boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need GOOD mechanic for 460 Ford engine rebuilt in boat

My Dad has an older jet boat with a 460 Ford. I had one of our shop mechanics rebuild it a few years ago on his personal time and it hasn't run since. There is what sounds like bottom end noise, etc.

In short, does anyone have a recommendation for a GOOD mechanic who has experience with these engines to evaluate how much damage and a quote on what would be needed to get it running in tip-top shape again and then do the work?

My Dad wants to move quickly on this as the boat has been sitting in a $90/month storage shed near Grapevine lake for the last several years just wasting away. My Mom is pissed off now on all the money wasted on the storage unit for a busted boat and wants to get it fixed ASAP.
    Last edited by quikag; 05-15-2013, 09:12 AM.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Originally posted by YALE
    since
    Thank you for correcting my one typo. Your contribution is very much appreciated.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

No problem. Tell him he should just sell the boat.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Thanks for the call earlier, I'm sure we can take care of it - tell pops to give us a call.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
          Thanks for the call earlier, I'm sure we can take care of it - tell pops to give us a call.
          Thanks, Brooks. Since my Dad was already over at Cabela's goofing off, he told me he was going to head over to your shop to check it out. So, he should be there soon. Thanks again.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

It didn't take long, he's already stopped by. He's heading over to get the boat and coming back..

Comment

I'm sure Brooks already knows this, but I'm leary of old boat engines since all it takes is one season of it not being winterized and you can be dealing with a cracked block or head. Good luck!
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Brooks, FTW.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  I'm sure Brooks already knows this, but I'm leary of old boat engines since all it takes is one season of it not being winterized and you can be dealing with a cracked block or head. Good luck!
                  Yep, and Brooks will definitely need to check for that. Unfortunately this engine hasn't been well maintained. Thanks again, Brooks.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

Working...
                  X