Meter for Throttle Positioning Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meter for Throttle Positioning Switch

A friend told me that he had seen a small digital volt meter that you install in the wiring of the throttle position switch so you do not have to push pins through the wires to be able to connect a volt meter. I have looked, but I have not been able to find one. Anyone know about this tool ?

Sounds like more of a hassle then what it's worth.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Go in through the back of the plug at the gasket. You can get a probe in there or I use a paperclip and an aligator clip to get in there.

When I built my harness from scratch I used 3pin Deutsch plugs for the TPS. Then built a 3pin harness to between the TPS and Harness to give me a pin out. Since I used mostly Deutsch plugs I did this with 2pin, 3pin, 4pin, 6pin and 8pin setups. Makes diag real easy.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I think I have what you're talking about. I'm not sure what it is actually called though. I'll dig it out when I get home.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          Sounds like more of a hassle then what it's worth.
          Its no hassle at all. It just plugs in-line before the TPS and it reads the volts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

TPS Meter

Thanks, Pony. If you find it, send me a part number, an actual name, or maybe post a picture. I'd like to own one. Some parts house has to have it.

Comment

Use a backprobe.. thats what they're for. fwiw you dont push it through the wire, you push it thru the back of the connector body.

Comment

Working...
              X