weed whacker issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weed whacker issue

Anyone familier with small 2 stroke motors?

I was given this weed eater and I can get it to idle and run for a few seconds under light throttle but that's it. It was drained or ran dry by the previous owner so I don't think its gummed up with fuel.
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

it's probably gummed up with fuel
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Did you change the spark plug?

Comment

buy a black and decker battery powered one and don't fuck with those gas ones again.
        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          it's probably gummed up with fuel
          This, the orifices in the carb are really small. Also the diaphragms can get hardened and the fuel lines will deteriorate. Ive seen the fuel filters clog from dried old gas too.

Comment

Thanks guys. I played with the plug a little and opened the gap. Seems to be working so far. We will see how it goes with this
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Run a little Berryman's B12 through it. Not too much and not all the time because Berryman's will wash the cylinder walls down. If you get it running OK, always mix the fuel properly and add STABIL as per the instructions. The ethanol in the gas now is very hard on small engines .

Comment

make sure you clean all of the orifices/jets well. I had to disassemble mine and pick dirt out with a tooth pick to get it runnin last summer.

Comment

I said fuck gas weed eaters about 2 years ago. Been using a cordless electric since and never looked back.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It's very easy to remove the carb on one. Take it off, spray carb cleaner through the ports/jets, inspect for cleanliness, and re-install. I would run a little sea foam in the fuel first to get as much crud out of the tank and lines before cleaning the carb though.

Worked great on mine.
                    sigpic
                    00 Camaro SS, stuff, tuned by Sam - sold
                    2004 GMC Sierra, tuned by Sam
                    03 CR250R crash test dummy vehicle
                    08 Yard machines mower, choppin up those blades

Originally posted by Stephen
                    FUCK!! im gay then

Comment

Y'all that are using cordless - what size land do you have that you're doing this on?

I assume you can't use edger/brush cutting attachments with it?

I'd like to go that route, for simplicity - but have a little space and things that need some power....and am not familiar with how well the cordless ones run.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                        Y'all that are using cordless - what size land do you have that you're doing this on?

I'd like to go that route, for simplicity - but have a little space and things that need some power....and am not familiar with how well the cordless ones run.
                        I've used the black and decker as mentioned earlier. It works fine for a small yard but if you need those attachments use gas
                        07 f250-family truckster
                        08 Denali -baby hauler
                        52 f1-rust bucket
                        05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post

I have a riding mower that I use for the brush. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I will say that a cordless electric trimmer is good if you maintain your yard regularly. It will edge, trim, and cut through brush just fine, but it will struggle if it hasn't been edged in a year. Once you get back to maintenance it's great. No fucking with the choke or mixing fuel, going to the store for gas, etc. I don't like edging so I want that that done as quickly as possible. I have the Toro 24v trimmer

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007M8LKKW/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            I said fuck gas weed eaters about 2 years ago. Been using a cordless electric since and never looked back.
                            Yea, I hate those little turds. If they aren't ran often, their carbs just deteriorate.

The best brand for gas weed eaters is ECHO, imo. They were almost never in the repair shop, and the only one I worked on was due to someone dropping it.
                            Originally posted by Buzzo
                            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                              Yea, I hate those little turds. If they aren't ran often, their carbs just deteriorate.

The best brand for gas weed eaters is ECHO, imo. They were almost never in the repair shop, and the only one I worked on was due to someone dropping it.
                              My Echo shit the bed after 2 years, and I bought it to avoid the previous problems I had with gas edgers. It broke a plastic retainer in the carb which was $89 to replace, I said fuck it and sent it packing.

Comment

Working...
                              X