No announcement yet.

Identify this tremec!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never inspected the t45 or tr3650 closely before, so I would have guessed one of those.
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      This nv4500 would be behind a turbo 5.3L ext cab short bed. To heavy for a t56 and 500-600rw.
      NV4500 is a HUGE bitch, maybe you're thinking NV3500.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
        How does the gm nv4500 hold up in race applications?

For a truck not a mustang, using 2-4 gears.
        Its designed to handle loads and act in the capacity of a truck transmission. While I won't rule out using one to race, the gear ratios will suck and the shift quality will too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
          NV4500 is a HUGE bitch.
          That's what I was thinking. Those are on the dodge trucks with cummins engines, correct?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
            That's what I was thinking. Those are on the dodge trucks with cummins engines, correct?
            Yes, changed one at home by myself on ramps, would NOT do again without a second set of hands.

Comment

I found a 2500hd with a 5speed. So I was wondering.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Yes up until 2001. They were also available in the GM trucks and are extremely popular for the rock crawling and hardcore 4wd crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                  Yes up until 2001. They were also available in the GM trucks and are extremely popular for the rock crawling and hardcore 4wd crowds.
                  Aren't the original 5th gear nuts infamous for falling off too? Half the dodges with them on CL say "5th just needs not screwed on" lol

sigpic

Comment

Aren't the original 5th gear nuts infamous for falling off too? Half the dodges with them on CL say "5th just needs not screwed on" lol
                    Yes, the nut likes to back off and allow the 5th gear to slide away from the lower gear causing it to lose 5th gear. Once the updated parts are installed, the lower gear likes to push the snap ring off the end of the cluster gear causing 5th to go out. If you weld the lower 5th gear cone to the cluster gear which prevents it from coming off, it will explode the upper and lower 5th gears completely.

Keep in mind, this happens when people over loading the truck and pull in 5th gear.

Comment

T45 from a Gt.
                      winner

Comment

T45 from a Gt.
                        Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                        winner
                        Thesource knows his fucking SHIT when it comes to Transmissions!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                          That or the MUSTANG GUYS on here DONT know there transmissons? Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                            That or the MUSTANG GUYS on here DONT know there transmissons? Just saying
                            Lol.

I've never had the displeasure of fucking with a sn95 4.6 mustang pre 3650. So excuse me.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                              Texas Rat T-45
                              lmao!
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                                I've only been working on them since 1996. The T45 gets a bad rap but once you fix the stupid shit inside it, they aren't actually a bad unit. Most people don't know that its very similar to a T56 in internal part sizes and some of the syncros and syncro assemblies actually interchange with a T56.

Comment

Working...
                                X