Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you could prob find a 5.0 and a t-5 out there for under $500

you could actually make that car fun

Oh and I'm pretty sure Costco is going to build a location in lubbock sometime soon, no clue why
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0Thunder View Post
      Also, where do you find a complete 5.0 + harness + computer + bellhousing + T5 + driveshaft + rear end for 700? If you can tell me where, I'll do it.
      There is a complete 89 5.0l on cl for 100. A buddy has a fox 8.8 for another 100, and i bet you can find a turd-5 for 500
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
        Makes sense... And screw Lubbock!

There was a stock 5.0 with harness and computer for 550 a month ago on CL. Your t5 should work, rearend is 100 bucks. Just need driveshaft and bell. A bit more than I originally thought but not much. There was a running 5.0 hunk of shit complete car for 1000 obo... Complete swap and scrap the rest for 2-300... Bam, swap for less than 800.
        yeah, I feel like that would be a good bit of work for the last 2 weeks that I'm here, but if stuff falls into my lap, I might go with it. lol Lubbock craigslist blows though. No good deals out here!

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        This has to be an alias.
        Def not an AE. lol I've been around for years (dfwstangs/dfwmustangs).

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
        you could prob find a 5.0 and a t-5 out there for under $500

you could actually make that car fun

Oh and I'm pretty sure Costco is going to build a location in lubbock sometime soon, no clue why
        Too late for me! We used to hit sams up quite a bit but not for a few years.

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
        There is a complete 89 5.0l on cl for 100. A buddy has a fox 8.8 for another 100, and i bet you can find a turd-5 for 500
        hmm, I just have to find this crap in lubbock, which is the main problem. There is never anything good out here for cheap.

Comment

I've got a running 89 mark VII parts car I'll sell you for $500, that’s a 5.0HO, AOD, 8.8, and 5lug disk brakes ready to bolt in to your car. I've had like 5 n/a 2.3l's and 6 2.3t's only thing I ever did to an n/a 2.3l that made it almost close to fun was 4:10's and possi. I had a set of 275/45/17's on it and if I popped the clutch with my foot in it, it would light them up in 1st, and maybe 2nd. But after 2nd gear it ran completely out of balls. It got old quick. My 2.3t cars are 10,000x more fun than an n/a could ever hope to be.

Comment

might be interested in a 5.0 swap when I get back to dallas, or after I've been working for a while. Until then, I'll just bang the 2.3 around. It will get good gas milage on the way home from lubbock to dallas anyway.

Just pulled the header and mid-pipe. The header I bought doesn't have an o2 bung so I'm going to take it to the engineering machine shop and either A) drill and tap a hole for it or B) drill a hole and tack weld a nut on it that matches the thread pattern of the o2. The o2 that was on it looks like coal so I'm gonna replace it and see if it runs a little better.

I also pulled the EGR because the new header doesn't have a spot for that anyway so I'll just fabricate a plate and close the hole off.

Question: Will the computer run full-retard with the EGR unplugged?

Comment

You will need to weld a bung in. Give the computer what it needs or program it out
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

whatever you do, dont spend any money trying to make that tiny engine fast, just save up some cash and do a carbed 302. No computer, no problems still slow tho
                Big Rooster Racing
                1985 Mustang GT

Comment

As far as fun per doller wise, throw a cheap 2.3t turbo setup on it and start changing head gaskets. That should keep you busy

Comment

*re-inventing the wheel*

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                      You will need to weld a bung in. Give the computer what it needs or program it out
                      I'm going to weld the o2 bung in, but I've read that the EGR is perfectly deletable

Comment

Well, we tried.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Lol you guys act like this is a huge waste of time or something. :P

but seriously, it took like, 30 minutes to do this stuff. If I wasn't turning wrenches, I'd be sitting on the couch so I feel like it is time well spent. I've got fast(er) stuff, this is just to fart around with.

Comment

Then figure out how to pocket port the heads and do your own valve jobs Mr. Badass. If you want an engineering test, figure some shit out yourself.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              I've got a running 89 mark VII parts car I'll sell you for $500, that’s a 5.0HO, AOD, 8.8, and 5lug disk brakes ready to bolt in to your car. I've had like 5 n/a 2.3l's and 6 2.3t's only thing I ever did to an n/a 2.3l that made it almost close to fun was 4:10's and possi. I had a set of 275/45/17's on it and if I popped the clutch with my foot in it, it would light them up in 1st, and maybe 2nd. But after 2nd gear it ran completely out of balls. It got old quick. My 2.3t cars are 10,000x more fun than an n/a could ever hope to be.
                              Shape of the mark?

I'm looking for number 33..

Comment

Justin?

Comment

Working...
                                X