No announcement yet.

2012 GT500 tr-6060?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should have picked up that Liberty TKO from Mike, playa!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Upgrade the input shaft and synchros should be good. You really don't need the "cryogenic hardened gears" and shit
      Scott Ganow
      Lone Star Performance
      16300 Midway Rd
      Addison, TX 75001
      214-630-5006

Comment

Take it out, take it to Slim, or you could just take it to him and let him do it, he'll just fix what needs fixin.

Also, stop shifting like an ape...
        Last edited by Rick Modena; 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM.
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Take it out, take it to Slim, or you could just take it to him and let him do it, he'll just fix what needs fixin.

Also, stop shifting like an ape...

LMAO!!!!
          I already talked to him. He's the one who told me about the input shaft and synchros. I might just go that route instead of getting another tranny now. You gonna swing by and help take it out...haha

Comment

Fire up that smoker and I'll come over, hand you beers and give you sound advice...

Comment

^^^LOL
              there will be meat for those that help....hint, hint...HAHAHA

Long shot, but does anyone have a low profile transmission jack I could borrow?

Comment

Rafa, I have a tranny jack, not real low profile though, I can definitely give you a hand. Are u doing this today?
                Scott Ganow
                Lone Star Performance
                16300 Midway Rd
                Addison, TX 75001
                214-630-5006

Comment

Won't be today. Maybe a couple weeks from now. I don't have a lift, so i was thinking the low profile tranny jack could really help. Was just asking ahead of time. Thanks for the offer though. I might hit you up when I do. Have a buddy who's already gonna help, but hell, more the better.

Comment

Yeah, I have some pretty good experience pulling these trannys unfortunately. I have a big aluminum racing jack, and tall 3 ton jack stands. What worked best for me was getting it up as high as possible, sitting it on jack stands, then taking patio blocks or something under the jack to get it up even higher. Needs to be up about 2 feet to clear the bell housing and tranny jack. I can bring anything over for you and we'll take care of it. Just let me know.

Scott
                    Last edited by Lone Star Performance; 04-19-2013, 08:40 PM.
                    Scott Ganow
                    Lone Star Performance
                    16300 Midway Rd
                    Addison, TX 75001
                    214-630-5006

Comment

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
                      Yeah, I have some pretty good experience pulling these trannys unfortunately. I have a big aluminum racing jack, and tall 3 ton jack stands. What worked best for me was getting it up as high as possible, sitting it on jack stands, then taking patio blocks or something under the jack to get it up even higher. Needs to be up about 2 feet to clear the bell housing and tranny jack. I can bring anything over for you and we'll take care of it. Just let me know.

Scott

Thanks man.you can edit out your #..I saved it
                      Last edited by Rafa; 04-20-2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

our 2011 gt500 has the 1-2 problem. It doesn't matter if the clutch is all the way to the floor or not. I'm a driving sumbish too and this thing has 1-2 problems every time. You have to basically granny shift 1-2 then bang the rest. It's sad but I can band 2-3 wayyyy faster than 1-2 in that car. Never had that problem with any other trans before. I researched it and it is common for these TR-6060's. Might just have it built. lol

Comment

Working...
                        X