No announcement yet.

Someone that can polish aluminum parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I have. In all seriousness, this is the only part I'm planning on having polished. The rest of the underhood is either factory black plastic, or a touch of carbon fiber I have on the coil covers. If I was smart, I'd have this manifold clear powdercoated before I install it!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
      Yeah, I have. In all seriousness, this is the only part I'm planning on having polished. The rest of the underhood is either factory black plastic, or a touch of carbon fiber I have on the coil covers. If I was smart, I'd have this manifold clear powdercoated before I install it!
      I've never tried that before but always wondered if the coating would stick to a polished surface.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've never done it either, and supposedly it works like a champ. I've always thought it might yellow or something over time, then you've got a turd on your hands!

Comment

If you want to keep maintenance on that thing down to a minimum might I suggest Eastwoods Shark hide solvent. Its a tough clear coat for polished metals. Apply it in a cool room or it may flash too fast in Texas heat.

I would have ceramic coated it personally.......wipe that SOB down and have it blingin again

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X