No announcement yet.

4.6 sohc vs 4v dohc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have had several 302-351w so I understand they are to easy I love that little engine that could . I just want to switch it up. Because the modular motor is a very nice motor. I like the way it is designed,looks,sounds. I know enough to get into trouble,but not enough to get out.

But we will see I throw some nitrous on it for now. Then when I have to money get the bottom end right (forged) then boost it

Comment

Going to take my time. See what I come across.

Comment

5.4 is still the way to go. my 5.4 2v is a turd and still outruns a lot of stuff out on the road. not to mention the torque out of the hole makes my nuts tingle :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jmd View Post
          5.4 is still the way to go. my 5.4 2v is a turd and still outruns a lot of stuff out on the road. not to mention the torque out of the hole makes my nuts tingle :P
          I like the concept of a 5.4 but I don't have the money right now. Or I would buy the one on the site.

Did you have to run special header? Long tube?

Comment

it seems the reason you don't like the ls is because you don't like fbodies.. the ls is the. better engine hands down.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I like the f-body look I just think the way is sit in the engine bay sux that god damned hump in the floor all there shit plastic seems to fall apart super easy. That shity rear end. But I like the way they look I had a m6 01 ss MS3 CAM PRC 243 HEADS made a shit load of power. Was a badass car. But all that little shit was a big deal for me. Destroying the 10 bolt got old,clutch job was a bitch with long tubes. Just because the Damn thing made 500 wheel with just heads and a cam. It only had 54,000 miles when I got it

I agree with everyone it's a good motor. It's just everything else that sucked. And I don't know why if I was hard on her or a day or two she would always have something wrong.

That's why I'm sticking to a trusty mustang. I can beat the hell out of and it will keep on going. So you tell me why anyone would want a f-body

Comment

Originally posted by uglydogo View Post
                I like the f-body look I just think the way is sit in the engine bay sux that god damned hump in the floor all there shit plastic seems to fall apart super easy. That shity rear end. But I like the way they look I had a m6 01 ss MS3 CAM PRC 243 HEADS made a shit load of power. Was a badass car. But all that little shit was a big deal for me. Destroying the 10 bolt got old,clutch job was a bitch with long tubes. Just because the Damn thing made 500 wheel with just heads and a cam. It only had 54,000 miles when I got it

I agree with everyone it's a good motor. It's just everything else that sucked. And I don't know why if I was hard on her or a day or two she would always have something wrong.

That's why I'm sticking to a trusty mustang. I can beat the hell out of and it will keep on going. So you tell me why anyone would want a f-body
                They'd spend an extra grand on a good clutch and a Ford 8.8???
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

ls1 into a mustang.. problems solved. best of both.
                  ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    What is that, 400hp? Lol
                    4.6, 4 cams (crower stage 3 blowers), 18 psi 4" pullied f1a, 5 speed, 655 HP to the tires at hpp.

4.6, 4 cams (96-98 Cobras), 21 psi 4" pullied f1a, 4r70w, 560 HP to tires @ truestreet

Dropped 95 rwhp going to stock cams and extra drivetrain loss with the auto and picked up 3 psi with the restriction caused by the smaller cams.

Last edited by shumpertdavid; 03-31-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Same issues that I have with the F body. Every time I got on mine, I felt like I was going to destroy the rear end. Not to mention that the stupid seating position was like driving a bath tub. If I am going with a GM car, I will be going with a C5 vette.
                      Last edited by JC316; 03-31-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I was laughing at him saying 10psi. Cobras run 15-16psi and make around 460rwhp.

I know they make more power with more boost and bigger blowers.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          ls1 into a mustang.. problems solved. best of both.
                          Do it and if you spend less then $2000 doing it the right way on everything . Then we will talk. Intell that day thanks for your opinion. If you have ever had a f-body you would know these things. Why would you comment on things you have no clue on. Lsx is nic. 4v not a bad motor

Comment

Do it and if you spend less then $2000 doing it the right way on everything . Then we will talk. Intell that day thanks for your opinion. If you have ever had a f-body you would know these things. Why would you comment on things you have no clue on. Lsx is nic. 4v not a bad motor
                            Is that a challenge?

5.3L 200-500$ w/ harness
                            4l60e 500$
                            AJE k member 200-250$

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                              4.6, 4 cams (crower stage 3 blowers), 18 psi 4" pullied f1a, 5 speed, 655 HP to the tires at hpp.

4.6, 4 cams (96-98 Cobras), 21 psi 4" pullied f1a, 4r70w, 560 HP to tires @ truestreet

Dropped 95 rwhp going to stock cams and extra drivetrain loss with the auto and picked up 3 psi with the restriction caused by the smaller cams.

Damn! What bottom end is in that ? And 98 cams not to bad? Would you recommend cams for money or just boost and and don't worry

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                                Is that a challenge?

5.3L 200-500$ w/ harness
                                4l60e 500$
                                AJE k member 200-250$
                                Yeah it is. And don't forget exhaust 500.and good tune. And you spend more time fuckin around with that harness then I will just plug and play good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X