4.6 sohc vs 4v dohc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
    Every ls I have heard sounds better. Idle, wot and cruising.
    almost every lsx guy will tell you that the shitbox 4.6l 4v sounds better.
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I don't care about a lsx motor. The way they sound,how fast they ar. If I wanted a lsx car I would bought on. I have had a f-body. "Junk". T-56 was nice. Thats the only thing. Damn dash pad crack two week after I got the car. It was a pain in the ass to work on. And that piece of shit 10 bolt rear end. So the mustang is a way better platform. IMO. And 4v sound way better. I'm not trying to have to have the fastest car just want something fun. Also I want every thing to work together not against each other. So the hell with lsx motor or swap.

Comment

I have a nice setup for sale, 03 heads and mach 1 short block (forged crank), marauder intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, timing cover, valve covers,

Comment

I have 3 nice set ups for sale: 1 complete '99 cobra engine (teksid block). Complete from the oil pan to the plastic intake tube. 1 '99 cobra shortblock. 1 teksid shortblock w/ all forged internals (if you want specifics, pm), B-heads.

sigpic

Comment

5.4 4V 4 cams 10 P.S.I.! Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
              5.4 4V 4 cams 10 P.S.I.! Enough said.
              What is that, 400hp? Lol

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Get a coyote it's a 4v.
                2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Having had both I can tell you pushrod motors are more friendly and fun to drive. With the 4.6 felt like it had not torque below 3 grand where as I can quarter throttle an Ls car way out Infront of everyone just going stop light to stop light in traffic

4.6 sounds alright, I just remember every single person having them with and off road x and sounding like garbage

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    What is that, 400hp? Lol
                    Lol, wrong. With a proper intake and some bolt ons, that motor makes close to that NA.

Here is one with the boss intake and cams. Puts down 404hp. I have seen them put down in the upper 300's with just intake and exhaust.

Comment

Boss intake on a 5.4?

Explain?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

video on youtube says aussie boss intake which would be a 5.4 dohc.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                          Having had both I can tell you pushrod motors are more friendly and fun to drive. With the 4.6 felt like it had not torque below 3 grand where as I can quarter throttle an Ls car way out Infront of everyone just going stop light to stop light in traffic

4.6 sounds alright, I just remember every single person having them with and off road x and sounding like garbage
                          4v sound Damn good. Ls motor sound alright. Yeah ls car are ahead of the game yayaya. I know. Been there dun that. I hated it. And my ss I had only had 54,xxx original miles. Nice car but I didn't like it.

Explain why pushrod is more friendly?

I would think the 4.6 would be being it's dohc. Cam lifting the valve right off the head

Comment

Originally posted by uglydogo View Post
                            Explain why pushrod is more friendly?
                            I think he means friendlier on the wallet.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                              I think he means friendlier on the wallet.
                              Lol yeah I can see that. For 500 you have fully forged engine with a good set of heads lol.

Comment

Originally posted by uglydogo View Post
                                I would think the 4.6 would be being it's dohc. Cam lifting the valve right off the head
                                Pushrod motors are a lot simpler to work on. Especially since you can actually work on them without dropping the k-mem for any little problem. I'm a modular guy, but a 302 or lsx engine is a lot easier to work on, despite the extra claptrap in the valley (well, not really, for an lsx).

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X