4.6 sohc vs 4v dohc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.6 sohc vs 4v dohc?

I know a lot of people will say the 4v but cost to build a 4v "DAMN". Just was thinking. Why is the 4v so much better than a 2v? I understand the heads flow way better but is it worth it ? Hell I love the way a mod motor sounds with a set of cams. Just I don't see spending 1300 on a set of cams. Little expensive.

Cams are a waste of time.

Pick up a Mach long block, throw some rods and Forged pistons.

Degree the cams if you can. They say the 96-98 cobra cams are the best if you want a cheap upgrade.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      Cams are a waste of time.

Degree the cams if you can. They say the 96-98 cobra cams are the best if you want a cheap upgrade.
      x2
      Screw the mach block. Get a teksid...buy one from me lol, I have 3 complete engines in the garage.
      Don't try and be cool by staying N/A...4.6ls are worthless turds in that form. Build up a strong engine, and throw some boost on that hoe

Boost on the 4v is great.
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

why go with 4.6 when you can get 5.4 with 4v heads you just need to build?

Comment

4V is best, but you aren't going to make much NA power with a 4.6L. The 4V sounds better than the 2V IMO and I like the powerband on the 4V much better.

Comment

Yeah I think they sound damn good. I was talking to a buddy he said there is no point in going with a 4v. Way to much money. But to build a "hot" 2v is not cheap either. I picked up a wrecked 01 cobra to do my swap.

I would like to pick up some cobra rods and pistons. Or just buy some from mmr. For the future. I know I'm going to want to boost the car. Just don't know what to do turbo,s/c? But time will tell. I know in the future I would like to get the heads ported and polished.

I think I'm going to get some of those 98 cams. Everyone says its better when degreed. But I also heard that that the 01 cams are not the worste cam either .

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
              x2
              Screw the mach block. Get a teksid...buy one from me lol, I have 3 complete engines in the garage.
              Don't try and be cool by staying N/A...4.6ls are worthless turds in that form. Build up a strong engine, and throw some boost on that hoe

Boost on the 4v is great.
              How much? Just the block what about heads

Comment

3v

Comment

You say that the heads flow better is that it? The motor is a fancy air pump the more air in and out the more power there is to be had. And if you boost a B Headded 4V you can make gobs of power with out even thinking about spending 1000-$1500 on cams/springs & tools to do the job. Not to mention valve seals and misc stuff it would require.

A stock 4v at 305 hp is a way better platform for high reving hp and takes better to the minor bolt ons etc. Then a 2v would.

Comment

4.6 stock bore and stroke is a perfect platform for boosted apps. And he motor is as close to square as you can get a 3.55x3.54. I wouldn't go past a 4.6 stroked to a 5.0 it you wanted some more cubes.

The 5.4 is decent in 4v form aswell but as a 2v + Boost the motor runs out of steam and a 4v will keep pulling...

Comment

4V. Start from scratch w/ a teksid block and go from there w/ all forged components. Dont use b heads, use the c heads. Its not that expensive to build. Then add a blower or turbo to it.
                      ./ ____ _ _\.
                      (]]]_ o _[[[)
                      \o_FORD_o/
                      |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

What are we thinking?

Ls swap. It's cheaper, faster, stronger and sounds better.

Comment

What are we thinking?

Ls swap. It's cheaper, faster, stronger and sounds better.
                          It's cheaper if you go with an automatic, but that damned T-56 is what kills you. Faster, yeah. Stronger, yeah. Sounds better.... No.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                            It's cheaper if you go with an automatic, but that damned T-56 is what kills you. Faster, yeah. Stronger, yeah. Sounds better.... No.
                            Every ls I have heard sounds better. Idle, wot and cruising.

Comment

Every ls I have heard sounds better. Idle, wot and cruising.
                              My friends C5 with borla exhaust sounded like shit. Even with stock exhaust my 4V's sound badass.

Comment

Working...
                              X