Tire/Wheel Size Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire/Wheel Size Question

I've been out of the racing scene for a while and slowly getting back to it. Will a 315 Nitto or other DR tire fit on a 17x9.5 inch wheel?...TIA.
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

I've seen 315s squeeeeezed on a 9.5" wheel but it looks and performs terrible. A better choice is 275/40s, or move to an 11" wheel to fit a 315/35.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      I've seen 315s squeeeeezed on a 9.5" wheel but it looks and performs terrible. A better choice is 275/40s, or move to an 11" wheel to fit a 315/35.
      Thanks 46Tbird! Thats what I needed to know.
      Originally posted by Da Prez
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Agreed. I have 305's on a 10" wheel and I'm not real fond of how they perform or look.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
          Agreed. I have 305's on a 10" wheel and I'm not real fond of how they perform or look.
          i've got 295's on a 10" wheel and it's about perfect IMO

Comment

It depends a lot on the tire, the ones I had on my 10.5" wheels werent quite wide enought, and looked "stretched" and gay.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
              So do I, and they look fine. But Nittos do tend to run more narrow than other brands.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

So do I, and they look fine. But Nittos do tend to run more narrow than other brands.
                Yeah, mine are m/t's

Comment

Working...
                X