Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lsx distributors.

Quick question..

So I follow 1320 video on Facebook. Badass posts all the time.

I noticed a lot of the high end lsx builds run a front horizontal distributor. What is wrong with individual coil packs?

Simplicity?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Depending on the type of fuel management single coils wont work. And in some cases the coils are not powerful enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
      Depending on the type of fuel management single coils wont work. And in some cases the coils are not powerful enough.
      I was thinking something with the tuning software, but it seems like individual coils would have more dwell and could potentially be stronger? Or just last longer?

Hmm. It looks clean though!

Reminds me of a top fuel engine, 2 fat ass coils.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Ask mr ed
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          I was thinking something with the tuning software, but it seems like individual coils would have more dwell and could potentially be stronger? Or just last longer?

Hmm. It looks clean though!

Reminds me of a top fuel engine, 2 fat ass coils.
          You mean high amperage magnetos?

People sometimes use a crank trigger setup because it is more accurate than a cam sensor or conventional SBC timing setup. I know in an SBC (most of my experience is with that engine) there is a small amount of spark scatter due to twisting of the camshaft, harmonics, and chain slack.

In a SBC you've got a chain driven gear on one end of the shaft and the ignition/oil pump on the other, along with the forces of the valvetrain that attempt to stop the cam from rotating. The variance is very slight, if you even see it. But when tuning on the ragged edge of blowing shit up your timing must be perfect.

Comment

Working...
          X