need hotrod assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need hotrod assistance

I am finally getting to modify my 2000 Mustang GT. I worked as a Ford tech for 6 years but as you all know, you dont learn hot rod stuff doing that. Everything i know is find the problem and replace. I am looking at MMR short blocks and the hellion single turbo kit. I guess i just need to know more at how i should set this up. I will have to stick with the stock heads and cams at first but eventually want to put down 700+ hp. I do know i want the 5.0 stroker that holds up to 900 hp. But what injectors do i need? Am i going to have to get an aftermarket computer system? really any information would be helpful

Stay away from MMR. Drop a Terminator engine in with the correct ECU and some ID1000's. You can run a twin screw with E85 and see 700+ no problem, a turbo will net you more.
    '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
    '13 Dodge Cummins
    '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I have a 2000 GT also. I dropped an MMR 750 in my car with a Kenne Bell 2.1L, I really couldn't be happier! I've had the Kenne Bell for about 3 years and the motor for about a year. No problems with either piece and this is running non intercooled in Texas. When I put the MMR shortblock in, I went with a 3" pulley instead of the 4" that I had on the stock motor and started spraying methanol.
      Scott Ganow
      Lone Star Performance
      16300 Midway Rd
      Addison, TX 75001
      214-630-5006

Comment

im guessing terminator engine is 03/04 cobra engine?

Comment

Originally posted by tac1987 View Post
          Yes

Comment

Originally posted by tac1987 View Post
            Yes, the stock long block can handle gobs of power.
            '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
            '13 Dodge Cummins
            '14 Rubicon X

Comment

There is some good info here:

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...256#post245256

Comment

so mmr is really that bad? i would like to go with a shortblock instead of building myself.

Comment

Look up all the horror stories about their engines failing, I wouldn't give them any money. Get one from L&M.
                  '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                  '13 Dodge Cummins
                  '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                    Look up all the horror stories about their engines failing, I wouldn't give them any money. Get one from L&M.
                    K, makes sense. L&M doesnt have much on their website but i contacted tem to see what kind of price i was looking at. are there any other companies that builds shortblocks you would refer?

Comment

Fox Lake
                      Sean Hyland
                      Livernois Motorsports
                      Modular Performance

Maybe even an Aluminator
                      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                      '13 Dodge Cummins
                      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

sounds like i am going to be putting up more money than i thought for a quality short block. if i buy heads and cams that are good for a turbo setup, will they be ok to run without a turbo? like these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tf...view/make/ford

Comment

I've got no idea what heads and cam to go with that's something I'd ask the engine builder. Quality is definitely not cheap, it's better to do it once.
                          '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                          '13 Dodge Cummins
                          '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                            I've got no idea what heads and cam to go with that's something I'd ask the engine builder. Quality is definitely not cheap, it's better to do it once.
                            agreed. thanks.

Comment

ok i think ive made a decision. buy the turbo kit and find the next weakest link!

Comment

Working...
                              X