High torque starter Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High torque starter Q.

My starter crapped out in my 92 stang so I am in the market for a new one. Anyone of yous guys got the drop on a top notch performance/quality starter?

Find a stock one. I've only had one go out on me in the 7 years or so of owning a stang.

My replacement was a oriely's lifetime one.

Comment

The '93 starter bolts right in and will start anything. I used one on my 14:1 410 and it never let me down. Get one at any parts store.

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
        The '93 starter bolts right in and will start anything. I used one on my 14:1 410 and it never let me down. Get one at any parts store.
        I have a stock perm. gear reduction on my turd from vato zone it works real good and has warranty for life LOL It was on the car when I bought it yo !
        89 mustang coupe at the house now ..... SOLD
        97 F-250 HD crew cab shorty 4x4 overfueled for your pleasure ................

Comment

head to napa....tell um you need a 93 cobra starter its a mini hi tq starter right out of the box....the one i picked up was....go check um out

Comment

Alterstart (loadboss) has one for $74 lifetime warranty and comes with a new cable. I got my 3g alternator from them a few years ago. Wonder if their starters are any good?

Comment

Ford went to a gear reduction/mini starter on the 302 in mustangs in '93, not just the Cobra the GTs had em to.

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
                Ford went to a gear reduction/mini starter on the 302 in mustangs in '93, not just the Cobra the GTs had em to.
                What Steve said. When my starter went out I just went to VatoZone and told them i needed a starter for a 93 mustang 5.0. It's been working great (the car is a race car now) for years now.
                2014 GT
                2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Working...
                X