Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Limo tint on an SUV a good thing, or a PITA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Limo tint on an SUV a good thing, or a PITA?

Wife got a new (to her) 2013 Tahoe, and our old one ('07) didn't have the DS/PS windows tinted.

Getting the front windows tinted tomorrow, guy says he'll do all 7 with Suntek for $150 (the back 5 are already tinted, so my assumption is limo).

I know at night it will be a bitch to see out of when reversing- what else?
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

As I've gotten older I've learned to hate really deep tint. Not seeing in is good, not seeing out sucks.

Comment

Honestly, I'd just buy the more expensive tint. It does make a difference in heat coming in and the legal level tint is okay for some reduction in light.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have 5% (on top of factory 20%) on our side windows and at night they are a mirror, back glass is still 20% so I can still see out of easy.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
          I have 5% (on top of factory 20%) on our side windows and at night they are a mirror, back glass is still 20% so I can still see out of easy.
          interesting
          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

5% all the way around on mine, and windshield brow, wouldnt do it any other way anymore.

It also helps to have a medical exemption letter from the state to keep on hand

Backing anywhere at night is a PITA, I just back in wherever so I can drive out. I rarely drive at night, so its worth the slight hassle and blocking the sun in the summer is well worth it.

Comment

I've got limo on my F250 crew cab. Can't see shit... headlights behind you are just specs.

I just rely on my side mirrors though to back up.

Comment

Just got mine done. Did 35% (legal) on front windows, 20% over the factory tinted windows in back. Can't see in very well, but I can still see out just fine. Also did the strip at top of windshield... All together it made a big difference and brought the heat and light down in the cab during the day.
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I hate really dark tint. can't see shit at night. reverse camera helps
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

What comes from the factory on the Tahoe/Suburbans?

35%?

No back-up camera (LT, not an LTZ), and I don't want to further impede my wife's ability to drive in reverse, in thinking this all the way through.

I like the 35% front window, 20% over the back that BlackGT suggested.

Comment

Wife has a 2012 mocha steal Tahoe LT with black interior. 25 on all windows with 15 on the back. You can still see out clearly but it's dark as you can't see in unless you get right up on it. Keep in mind black interior darkens it.
                      We put Llumar ctx ceramic tint on hers it's got a classy look the guy told us that they install usually on SuV's
                      The ctx ceramic keeps heat out.

Rear backup camera helps at night but its still manageable where you can see.

Last edited by JNH2010SS; 03-05-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Be ready for a hassle getting it inspected if you go below 25% on the side windows or go below the AS-1 line on the front windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                          Be ready for a hassle getting it inspected if you go below 25% on the side windows or go below the AS-1 line on the front windshield.
                          Medical exemption, couldnt be any easier to get

Comment

I've had 5% on the rear, 10% on the side windows since my truck was 2 weeks old, I don't know what you Fudds are having a problem with seeing out at night.

Comment

I live in the fucking sticks... it's hard enough backing down a long driveway at night in a vehicle with no tint, let alone limo
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X