will 98 doch cams work in a 01 doch motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uglydogo View Post
    Why do you say that? Thats what I want, low end but I want this thing to "CAM"
    He's saying it's going to be a real turd until 4000rpm. Which they all are anyways.

Put a blower on it and be done. There's not much to be had n/a on a mod w/o serious cash.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Ok i have heard that more than once so I guess that what ill do. I wondering how much boost I can run on a stock motor?

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
        Which they all are anyways.
        fuck you.

it's true....above that though

Ok i have heard that more than once so I guess that what ill do. I wondering how much boost I can run on a stock motor?
        depends what type of blower. At least have it intercooled...non-intercooled is just plain dumb. 10-12psi on an air/air intercooled s-trim vortech is usually the range.
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Are you expecting it to lope by you saying you want it to "cam"?! And this by using 96-98 stock cams?!
          ./ ____ _ _\.
          (]]]_ o _[[[)
          \o_FORD_o/
          |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

In that post. I was wondering if a B-headed cam will work in a c-head. Example a comp 270 cam for a 98 cobra work in my 01 cobra head. But im gone to work so that will wait till I get back and I do the swap.

With a 98 cobra head make sound a little meaner. When im on the throttle ?

Comment

Crapstang, I guess ill be in the super slow club for a couple minute. Lol. But I bet the 4v sounds faster than what it is.

Comment

Any cam that gives a lopey idle will always huey bottom end no matter what engine it is. The mod motors are generally more geared towards higher rpm power over the push rod motors already, adding a lot of overlap in the cams (overlap is what makes it choppy) means both intake and exhaust valves are opened at the same time for a short period, this kills the power at lower rpms. 12 psi max, you'll need adequate fuel supply for this and a tune. It's not quiet as simple as throwing a blower on and going with it. The head design will likely have little impact on sound either. The b, c, navigator heads all have the same exhaust port design and size, the intake port design ate the only thingd different between them.

Comment

[QUOTE=crapstang;991971]is this who I think it is?
                  I douubt it, I don't post much on here.

Comment

In that post. I was wondering if a B-headed cam will work in a c-head. Example a comp 270 cam for a 98 cobra work in my 01 cobra head. But im gone to work so that will wait till I get back and I do the swap.

With a 98 cobra head make sound a little meaner. When im on the throttle ?
                    Don't go with the B heads, they just have worse intake flow...no point in sacrificing power for no reason. Almost all modular parts are interchangeable, so yes, the cams are interchangeable. Don't get cams, please. Modulars sounds better without them anyways.
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                      Don't go with the B heads, they just have worse intake flow...no point in sacrificing power for no reason. Almost all modular parts are interchangeable, so yes, the cams are interchangeable. Don't get cams, please. Modulars sounds better without them anyways.
                      Mine was pretty nasty sounding with the crower stage 3 blower cams mated with the f1-a at idle. The blower had a chatter sound to the hellish whine at idle from the choppinese. Pretty tame looking car until you started it. Its pretty dull and mellow dramatic with the 96-98 cams and the d1 now.

Comment

Working...
                      X