TPS Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPS Sensor?

my truck is having issues idling at the proper rpm, right now it'll idle at around 300-400 rpm (when it will start) and when you give it any kind of gas, it stumbles and coughs and either stalls out and shuts off or will bog down to 100-200 rpm and eventually make its way back to 300-400 rpm.

I was leaning towards fuel filter originally, but after thinking about it some more, I feel it might be the throttle position sensor.

oh, and the truck is a 91 f-150 4.9l auto...

any ideas?
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
    my truck is having issues idling at the proper rpm, right now it'll idle at around 300-400 rpm (when it will start) and when you give it any kind of gas, it stumbles and coughs and either stalls out and shuts off or will bog down to 100-200 rpm and eventually make its way back to 300-400 rpm.

I was leaning towards fuel filter originally, but after thinking about it some more, I feel it might be the throttle position sensor.

oh, and the truck is a 91 f-150 4.9l auto...

any ideas?
    Power (0.5v)
    Ground
    Signal

Key on Engine off = .93-.98 (approximately)
    Turn throttle blade and monitor voltage, it should ramp to no more than 5.0v
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Fuel pressure check...koeo 50-60 psi koer 45-60.

Comment

Working...
      X