Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
    I wouldn't know..

But I drove my Stang around town a LOT and having it slipping the converter and hardly shifting it cruising sounds boring... Would hate to spend 6-8 k and find out I was right and hate the car.
    Yup I agree. A little more fun to drive like that especially if you feel that strongly about it and have the$$$ for a transmission like that.

I drive my c4 around and have a blast. But I'm a lot slower!
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

About 14-1500rw if I don't spray it. I think it'll need a kit for down low to help spool, but I will try it without first.

Btw I have a TKO hybrid already. Its a 500 with a 26 pline I/S which basically makes it a wide ratio 600... The strength of the gears is the same according to Tremec, only differences is the input shafts and gear ratios between the 500/600s.
      I want a Magnum, but don't think it will do much better than my TKO power wise.

Way more than either unit is designed to handle. I've had two TR6060's in the shop in the past few weeks that were behind a Zr1 making north of 800 and a Z06 making over 1300. Both of them had twisted main shafts. These are pretty much the same as a T56 Magnum but packaged in a Corvette wrapper.

Comment

Lenco ST1200 in a fox. It fits a lot better than I thought it would.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
          Way more than either unit is designed to handle. I've had two TR6060's in the shop in the past few weeks that were behind a Zr1 making north of 800 and a Z06 making over 1300. Both of them had twisted main shafts. These are pretty much the same as a T56 Magnum but packaged in a Corvette wrapper.
          Yea I know which is why I didnt want to spend 5-6 grand on a 6 speed setup and not be any better off power wise than my TKO.

When the TKO is in the car I plan to run it on the gates which is 11 psi, or roughly 850-900 rw on pump gas with the timing retarded to shit.:bBishope: Gives me some time to determine the transmission fate of the car. A G Force or Lenco might be a lot of gd fun.

Comment

That helps mpg on the hwy, still doesn't change the long boring 1st gear. Not saying I won't end up with it, just hoping for a more fun transmission. I know Billy Glidden had a Liberty and it 60'd like a god damn m'f' but it prob weighed like 2200 lbs
            Don't under estimate the fun of a powergide on the street. Add a GV and now you have a 3 speed with OD that can take a ton of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
              Don't under estimate the fun of a powergide on the street. Add a GV and now you have a 3 speed with OD that can take a ton of power.
              Agreed, flashing the converter from a low punch is a fair bit of fun
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

glide so you can actually run some numbers, but no matter what you put in there you won't be hooking up 1000 rwhp in a fox on the street.

i can spin my et drags (or et street radials) at any speed going down the highway and i'm not making 1000 and def no 1400

Comment

Talk to me, dunno anything about em...
                  I don't know a ton about them myself other they are a bit old school and damn near impossible to break. Friend of mine raced super stock (I or H) for years with a jerico and never had a single issue with it, even with leaving the line at 8,900rpm.

I do know that they have added some new features to the dr4, like the ability to down shift, something that the old dr4 couldn't do. A clutchless manual trans has me wondering how they would work with a turbo.

Comment

Working...
                  X