No announcement yet.

Headlight restoration kits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do these headlights on the cars here at the dealership. I have used the kits and they are ok but not great. I have a VERY GOOD method, about a 10 step process and when i am done they usually look brand new. I don't mean good...... I mean I have matched numerous headlights to a brand new one on the other side. I have tried about 15 different compounds, plastic cleaners and polish, clear coats all and some works and some doesn't. Depending on how bad the lights are or what kind of car they are on will determine how good the results will be and how much time it takes to get those results. All of these cars have a clear on the outside of the lens and this HAS to get completely sanded off for it to look right or else you will get shadows in the lens. I wet sand them from 320,600,800,1000,1500,2000 and then I polish them with a light abrasive polishing compound using a wool pad on a buffer. IF there is any cloudiness or imperfections I will determine how bad and sand those little areas again usually starting with 1000 and working my way back up. This has yielded the best results of all over the past 5 years I have been doing them. One set usually takes me about an hour give or take 15-20 depending on how bad they are. Dodge trucks are difficult but no where near the hardest i have ever done. I did one set that the plastic and clear were so hard that it took two of us 3 hours to do them. NEVER AGAIN! good luck on y'alls endeavors and if you don't want to do them yourself let me know. I charge $50 a pair.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Working...
    X