setting up temporary wheel alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up temporary wheel alignment

Just finished installing MM caster camber plates, and tubular K member/A arms. I tried to pull it out of the garage and something is seriously wrong. The driver side wheel makes a wierd thumping sound (kinda sounds like when you try to turn the wheels on a smooth garage floor and it makes that rubber squealing sound). The whole car vibrates too , and this is only backing it out of the garage, so i'm afraid to even drive it. I jacked it back up again and everything looks perfect, the wheels even spin freely and dont make any noise when its in the air.

I'm assuming its because it needs a wheel alignment really bad and i must have the CC plate position horribly off when i installed it. What position should i set up the caster camber plates just temporarily so i can get it to drive to a alignment shop?
    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

i did that on my coupe and while i haven't driven it anywhere, it rolls perfect now.

Comment

It sounds like maybe you are rubbing on something now or your toe is so bad it's scrubbing. Did the kit you put on move your front wheels forward? If so this can change the toe a decent amount.
      Looking at it with it jacked up and the front tires hanging is not going to tell you much. Do you have ramps you can drive it up on or set the front tires on blocks to put weight on them and take a look from underneath? This way you could rule out the wheels or tires rubbing on anything.
      Between making sure nothing is rubbing and getting the alignment in the ballpark using what dville_gt posted that should get you to where you can at least drive it to the shop to get aligned.
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
      X