so what am i missing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thedriver33 View Post
    only had one key...was a stock replacement set.

if its the dist....would i still be getting spark at the plug? i know im getting spark at #1.....tested that.
    I would try another Dist if I was you instead of chasing other stuff. If you have spark & fuel, Its something simple & I suspect starter related or Dist related
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

i dont think i have a extra dizzy ill have to look, i know i have an extra carb one but not efi.

always forget, our cars use a cast or steel gear on the dizzy....thinking of using one from autozone.
      Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

i dont think i have a extra dizzy ill have to look, i know i have an extra carb one but not efi.

always forget, our cars use a cast or steel gear on the dizzy....thinking of using one from autozone.
        Swing by sometime again this week. I have 3 extra Dizzys your more the welcome too. Knock on wood my gut is right & its the dizzy & gets your running bro. Im excited for you!
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        And while his kidney stones pass,
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

borrowed one from whiteboy...was over there getting a seat... figured since i have some other parts i need from him next week. thank you for the offer.....whens that 347 gonna be ready?

Comment

ok news in this....got a couple of hours on the car last night.

borrowed a known good coil...swapped it...still no start.
            i redid the dizzy install to make sure im not 180 out. still no start.
            pulled my ecm to be sure all pins are making connection. they are.
            set my tps sensor to 0.998 just to make sure that wasnt a issue. still nothin.

cam has to be right....i got clyd one to tdc on the compression stroke....used alittle compressed air and a rubber nipple to see if its getting compression....valves are closed and its fillin the chamber and pushin my nipple out of the spark hole.....

i also took a a test light, hooked it to number 5 injector.....cranked and i could see it pulse.

also when i re stabbed the dizzy....i left the key on and spun the rotor in the dizzy and could hear the injectors click...so i know the pickup is working...

what else could it be....

Comment

Have you brought number one to TDC confirmed with a whistle stop, something in the hole, etc......then looked at the balancer marks? Perhaps your outer ring has spun and the markings are incorrect. Free and quick to verify.

Comment

yes, stuck a screw driver in there so i could feel the movement of the piston while getting it top center......confirmed im on compression stroke with some compressed air.

Comment

hahahaha we have a start and run...... more details on it later.

Comment

it was out of gas wasn't it?

Comment

no.... i had my bro in law try and start it after i did some adjust to make sure cam timing was set..... started turning the dizzy and it started to sound better and better the more i turned it........then bang started and reved up......no exhuast on the car yet so i shut it down....exhuast going on tomorrow so i can set up..... still need a belt too

Comment

So, was it an error in stabbing the distributor, or close but you hadn't adjusted it enough. yet?

Comment

Glad you got it started!
                          Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                          90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

im unsure on the stabbing it part..... bsharrer told me how to do this all along time ago.....followed his steps but i may have made a error doing it....maybe just a tooth or 2 off where it needed to go....but its running just need to take car of the loose ends to finish it up and get the timing set on it.....so excited to see it running after 3 years of sitting with no love....

Comment

THAT explains it! LOL!

im unsure on the stabbing it part..... bsharrer told me how to do this all along time ago.........

Comment

well whats werid is i did this like 4 months ago to...same motor different car... and it fired off easy.... guess this one is touchy

Comment

Working...
                                X