AOD rebuild....cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOD rebuild....cost?

never had a trans rebuilt.....well atleast a auto. whats the avg cost to rebuild a aod now-a-days?
    Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

depends who you go to, honestly. id guess in the range of 750 give or take

Comment

Also depends if you pull it out and bring Trans to shop or you have them pull and install.

Comment

750-1k Depending...

Comment

Buddy is building one now pretty sure spent quite a bit.

Comment

be prepared to drop 750-1k for a basic rebuild...When it comes to overdrive autos they get expensive quick

Comment

aod or aode detent verses electronic will cause a price difference

Comment

save your money and just go buy another one! i've had nothing but headaches with stupid shops that can't rebuild trannys or find a used one to buy

Comment

The very reason I became a fan of 5sp swaps.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    save your money and just go buy another one! i've had nothing but headaches with stupid shops that can't rebuild trannys or find a used one to buy
                    This! The last one I had rebuilt was about $700 but they had to do it twice because they burnt it up on the test drive. They didn't hook up the TV cable and it smoked it. Dumbasses

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      The very reason I became a fan of 5sp swaps.
                      x2...after i went through 3 AOD rebuilds

Comment

I have been told that doing it yourself is not that hard . I have a budy who did one and he is a tool (not the good kind , more like a philips screw driver with the end stripped ) and it worked fine . Like Gumby said Tanner (not M) is doing one now and can fill you in .
                        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                          I have been told that doing it yourself is not that hard . I have a budy who did one and he is a tool (not the good kind , more like a philips screw driver with the end stripped ) and it worked fine . Like Gumby said Tanner (not M) is doing one now and can fill you in .
                          I did mine, even installed a shift kit in the valve body. No, its not hard as long as you pay attention during the disassembly process. Parts were about $300-$400 including a torque converter.

Mine worked well for a while, then starting having a problem as it warmed up. I feel its a bad converter, but I'm not sure. I replaced it with a T5, I wasnt going to spend any more time or money on the AOD.

I'd let my AOD go for $100, with 2 valve bodies that contain shift kits. Clutches and stells only have about 5K miles on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
                            I did mine, even installed a shift kit in the valve body. No, its not hard as long as you pay attention during the disassembly process. Parts were about $300-$400 including a torque converter.

Mine worked well for a while, then starting having a problem as it warmed up. I feel its a bad converter, but I'm not sure. I replaced it with a T5, I wasnt going to spend any more time or money on the AOD.

I'd let my AOD go for $100, with 2 valve bodies that contain shift kits. Clutches and stells only have about 5K miles on them.
                            I will let Ryan (op) know . He may jump on that .
                            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                              I will let Ryan (op) know . He may jump on that .
                              Thank you sir, its just taking up space.

Comment

Working...
                              X