Blower car issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower car issues.

I have an 07 gt, it has a novi 2200 on it, A while back it kept throwing cylinder 3 misfire codes, and bank 1, sensor 1 code. And bank 2 sensor 2 codes. Had a dead plug on 3 so I replaced all 8 with Autolite HT0 plugs, and come to find out whoever did the exhaust never put a bank 2 sensor 2 in. So I had that fixed and replaced the upstream on bank 1. All new plugs, gapped at 0.32, No more check engine light for a day. Next day, lights back on, hooked it up and now both bank 1 and bank 2 running rich, no specific sensor just both banks, car has moments where it feels like the boost tube has came off, you can let out and give it gas and it's gone. Normal driving it runs great and if you get into and start making power it likes to pop and sputter through second gear only, and after 4500RPM. Detonation is my guess, but why only 2nd gear. I plan on letting Archie from Dallas Mustang tune it income tax time. Anybody have any thoughts on where to start or what to try, or any suggestions on a Tuner, Maybe a Dvillegt tune? lol.

How much boost? How did u gap the plugs at .032? Do you have the special tool?

Comment

I know kenne bell recommends gaping the plugs at .045 on the 3v's. I've been running this gap with Zero issues. I'm running 10lbs.

<-----has the correct gap tool.

Comment

I do have the correct gap tool, but I didn't need it cause they were already set. I checked gap and paxton and other sites say between .30 and .35 were good. And the car is at
        10lbs of boost. Here recently I put 1 gallon of 110 mixed with 8 gallons of 91. It seemed to help but didn't take away the problem. I got one pass on the way home from work one day where it was perfect, ran really hard. I will see if I can make a video of what it is doing.

Comment

Archie tuned mine, and it runs like a rape ape! I have also herd great things about prime-tuning. I got the NGK plugs( herd they were the best). Did you check your coil pack? Take on that you know is good and swap it, if you get a code on the one you swapped, then you know that is the problem. I use an SCT lll tuner, but I think there is an unlocked one for sale right now in the parts.

Comment

If you are hearing pinging stay out of boost until you get it back on the dyno for a tune. You will pop something if you keep doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime-Tuning.com View Post
              How much boost? How did u gap the plugs at .032? Do you have the special tool?
              How much for a tune?

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                Archie tuned mine, and it runs like a rape ape! I have also herd great things about prime-tuning. I got the NGK plugs( herd they were the best). Did you check your coil pack? Take on that you know is good and swap it, if you get a code on the one you swapped, then you know that is the problem. I use an SCT lll tuner, but I think there is an unlocked one for sale right now in the parts.
                The plug fixed the misfire issue, the tip of the electrode was completely gone and what was left would slide back and forth inside the porcelain.

Comment

someone say dville tune?

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                    someone say dville tune?
                    It doesn't have a truck motor in it.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                      Pime tunning is gone!

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post
                        I have an 07 gt, it has a novi 2200 on it, A while back it kept throwing cylinder 3 misfire codes, and bank 1, sensor 1 code. And bank 2 sensor 2 codes. Had a dead plug on 3 so I replaced all 8 with Autolite HT0 plugs, and come to find out whoever did the exhaust never put a bank 2 sensor 2 in. So I had that fixed and replaced the upstream on bank 1. All new plugs, gapped at 0.32, No more check engine light for a day. Next day, lights back on, hooked it up and now both bank 1 and bank 2 running rich, no specific sensor just both banks, car has moments where it feels like the boost tube has came off, you can let out and give it gas and it's gone. Normal driving it runs great and if you get into and start making power it likes to pop and sputter through second gear only, and after 4500RPM. Detonation is my guess, but why only 2nd gear. I plan on letting Archie from Dallas Mustang tune it income tax time. Anybody have any thoughts on where to start or what to try, or any suggestions on a Tuner, Maybe a Dvillegt tune? lol.

You need a tune before you hurt it

Comment

Defiantly get a tune. I would go to Archie. I think it was $400
                          Last edited by wickedblkgt; 01-25-2013, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                            It doesn't have a truck motor in it.
                            ah, so it's slow...i'll move a long now

Comment

So did you just toss the supercharger on with no tune, or is just a baseline tune at this point?

Definitely need a real tune before hammering on it or seeing if there are any other underlying issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X