My 2 Piece Crank Pulley Finally Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
    I'd like to hit some mid 7's before getting some real heads on the truck. I know the stock stall converter and intake are holding me back too.

I'd like to go with a 408 stroker, Stg II or III Fox Lake ported Vic Jr's, custom ground cam(stock idle characteristics), and some 1-7/8 Longtubes. Should be worth another .75 off what I can run currently. The fuel system is my very first priority. Aeromotive sells a nice Phantom kit I will most likely be picking up soon. I still intend on driving this thing to New Braunfels pulling a camper at least once or twice a year.
    Why not use the Bronco to pull the trailer and build the crap out of the L ? I think you need to get the thing to hook and you would see a bunch of et like it sits but I am on board with the 408 . I got a nice Vic headed 418 thats 13 to 1 with a .700" solid roller in the garage you could try . LOL
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I just bolted on a set of traction bars last weekend. I got my line lock up and working correctly again too. I would like to put the stall back in the truck, but I just can't do any real towing. In stop and go Dallas traffic the trans overheats and pukes fluid out the converter seal. That's with a 45,000gvw cooler too. That's why I made the switch to 4.56's. Heck tomorrow I'm taking it to home depot and filling the bed with 64 2x4's, 15 gallons of paint, 12 sheets of 1/2" drywall, a sink, and 4 closet doors. Gotta stay daily driveable.

Comment

You just need to do what I did with the Bronco , use a trailer and then you can pull the L to the track and get wild !
        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Working...
        X