My 2 Piece Crank Pulley Finally Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 Piece Crank Pulley Finally Arrived

I had this built by ASP for my Gen 1 Lightning so i could run a 9 or 10" crank pulley on the Novi 2000. I'm hoping to be a ble to increase the blower pulley diameter so the belt slippage will go away some what and allow for better belt wrap. I also never liked the UD portion of the renegade crank pulley I've been running. Even with a 130 amp alternator the needle would drop badly with the AC on high, headlights on, and the stereo crankin. Hopefully problems of the past.

Sweet!
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I like it, Question is will it solve the problem?
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        And while his kidney stones pass,
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I really do think it will. I could still easily get the boost I wanted before, but I didn't like driving around with the belt that tight all the time.

Comment

Installed.

Comment

Well I was hoping to try it out yesterday but my new POS Summit SFI balancer just won't allow it. It uses the most craptastic spacer sytem I have ever seem! I ordered another balancer yesterday that shoud arrive today and require no spacers. Now all I need is a 12" outer ring to make 15#'s by 3000 rpm! That and the 4.56's should make it interesting.

Comment

You didn't have traction before , this should help . LOL
                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Mini tubs with 15x12 wheels and 13.5" slicks. That way I can really spray it hard off the line.

Comment

I think a good 15x10 slick would work . It's gonna be fun either way .
                    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Shooting for some mid 8's.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
                        Shooting for some mid 8's.
                        Me to , in the 1/4 . LOL
                        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
                          Mini tubs with 15x12 wheels and 13.5" slicks. That way I can really spray it hard off the line.
                          saw this out at kdale, thought about your truck

Comment

I think that is Terry Hogg's truck. Did it have a Toneau cover and ladder bars? SBF stoker, Novi 2000, 2 stages of nitrous. Runs in the mid to low 6's if I recall. I just bought some longbars for my Lightning off of him.

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                              Me to , in the 1/4 . LOL
                              I'd like to hit some mid 7's before getting some real heads on the truck. I know the stock stall converter and intake are holding me back too.

I'd like to go with a 408 stroker, Stg II or III Fox Lake ported Vic Jr's, custom ground cam(stock idle characteristics), and some 1-7/8 Longtubes. Should be worth another .75 off what I can run currently. The fuel system is my very first priority. Aeromotive sells a nice Phantom kit I will most likely be picking up soon. I still intend on driving this thing to New Braunfels pulling a camper at least once or twice a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X