Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 351w/fox: Anyone running this intake

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SBF-FORD-351...c3e416&vxp=mtr

I'm wanting to put a stock hood back on and get rid of this ugly 4" race car cowl. I'm currently running the victor efi intake and it is too tall. I'm trying to avoid solid mounts or lowering the k member.

I'm looking at the above intake and a 6061.com elbow.

I have the same one for a 302. Works great.
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I've got a ported Super Vic with a 6061 intake elbow on my 408, with a 3/8" spacer the stock hood almost clears.

'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
      '13 Dodge Cummins
      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

You have it spaced to clear the valve covers? I'll be running stock valve covers. Thanks for the pic, it looks like i'll still have room for the heater hoses.

What headers you running?

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
          You have it spaced to clear the valve covers? I'll be running stock valve covers. Thanks for the pic, it looks like i'll still have room for the heater hoses.

What headers you running?
          Yeah I have it spaced up so the throttle linkage will clear the covers, I'm using Kooks 1-7/8" to 3" LT's.
          '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
          '13 Dodge Cummins
          '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
            Yeah I have it spaced up so the throttle linkage will clear the covers, I'm using Kooks 1-7/8" to 3" LT's.
            This all started due to a set of kooks headers. Car has brodix T1 heads with lots of work and they use a wider bolt flange since they are ported beyond the standard bolt pattern. Anyway, the ground clearance is shit for a street car, like 3.25" at the 3.5" collector at near stock ride height. I want a stock hood and to lower the car, so I'm putting my old school twisted wedge heads on (Stage 3 AFM) so I can keep from spending over $1k on different headers.

Comment

This all started due to a set of kooks headers. Car has brodix T1 heads with lots of work and they use a wider bolt flange since they are ported beyond the standard bolt pattern. Anyway, the ground clearance is shit for a street car, like 3.25" at the 3.5" collector at near stock ride height. I want a stock hood and to lower the car, so I'm putting my old school twisted wedge heads on (Stage 3 AFM) so I can keep from spending over $1k on different headers.
              I hear ya, I had to swap my MM K for a Team Z K because of my Krooks headers wouldn't clear the MM K. Now I have to modify my $400 SS Krooks X-pipe to fit. Header to ground clearance is shit on my car too.
              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
              '13 Dodge Cummins
              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I hear ya, I had to swap my MM K for a Team Z K because of my Krooks headers wouldn't clear the MM K. Now I have to modify my $400 SS Krooks X-pipe to fit. Header to ground clearance is shit on my car too.
                My second set of horrible fitting kooks.

I will say this though, with a couple of added small dents they clear everything just fine, except the ground. I'm running these with a stock k member to boot.

When I build a 363 I'm going to try a set of accufabs with the brodix. They come out to right under $1k coated.

Comment

My second set of horrible fitting kooks.

I will say this though, with a couple of added small dents they clear everything just fine, except the ground. I'm running these with a stock k member to boot.

When I build a 363 I'm going to try a set of accufabs with the brodix. They come out to right under $1k coated.
                  They fit like a glove on modulars, they even come with a ball and socket flange and no slip fit BS. It pisses me off with the money they charge for them and the shitty fitment you get. You can have a custom custom set of headers made for around $1,000 but it takes about 6 weeks to recieve them. I've heard Accufabs fit very well too. Oh and I don't want to put dents in them if I don't have to, especially since I paid $225 to have them powder coated.
                  '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                  '13 Dodge Cummins
                  '14 Rubicon X

Comment

They apparently fit vettes well also. You'd figure a fox would be easiest of all.

Comment

I talked to the people at Kooks and they say their headers for a Fox with a pushrod engine were designed to be ran open headers at a track. So basically all the guys with a street car are SOL especially if you want to run full exhaust, they told me it's not "cost effective" for them to change their design. I guess that's why they have shit for ground clearance/X-pipe fitment.
                      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                      '13 Dodge Cummins
                      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I've got a ported Super Vic with a 6061 intake elbow on my 408, with a 3/8" spacer the stock hood almost clears.

Chris looks like its almost ready man
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.
                        And while his kidney stones pass,
                        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                          Chris looks like its almost ready man
                          It's close! I can't wait! Once my X is modified all I need to do is plumb the fuel system and it'll be running.
                          '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                          '13 Dodge Cummins
                          '14 Rubicon X

Comment

It's close! I can't wait! Once my X is modified all I need to do is plumb the fuel system and it'll be running.
                            500 RWHP N/A I predict
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.
                            And while his kidney stones pass,
                            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                              500 RWHP N/A I predict
                              I'm hoping for 500+ N/A. After it's running I'll take your for a ride
                              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                              '13 Dodge Cummins
                              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Working...
                              X