What drag radial is everyone running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What drag radial is everyone running?

I have fairly new 285/40/18 nitto 555 on the rear, and in 3rd gear at full boost I'm breaking loose. My question is what DR are you guys running and your thoughts? Also where is the best/cheapest place to buy?

Mt et street radials.

They'll wear a little quicker but you will hook when you want.
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Mickey Thompson ET Streets
      1991 5.0 Mustang LX-Hatch, BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Headers, BBK X-Pipe, Flowmaster 40's, HPM C/C Plates, Cobra Sway-Bar, UPR Subframe Connectors, UPR Control Arms, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP "C" Springs, FRPP 31 Spine Diff, Moser 31 Spline Axles, FRPP 3:73 Gears, Tokico Blue Shocks, King Cobra Clutch, MSD Ignition, Taurus Electric Fan, BBK Gripp Shifter, & More

Comment

ET street II radials on the vette, ET street radials on the mustang. NT05Rs are nice too. Hoosier makes a great one but it is more track oriented, wouldn't street drive it.

Comment

ET Streets (325/50's) on the '12.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
            I have fairly new 285/40/18 nitto 555 on the rear, and in 3rd gear at full boost I'm breaking loose. My question is what DR are you guys running and your thoughts? Also where is the best/cheapest place to buy?
            Getting sketchy?

Mt et streets here.

Comment

Mt drag radials are miles ahead of nittos. They just wont last as long.

Comment

Nittos here. But I don't make any power and I want them to last 15k miles, which they do, with cords poking out.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                  555's or 555r's?
                  2012 GT500

Comment

Actual drag radials, ET Streets by far. If you want something to hook decent and last longer on the street, take a look at the Toyo R888's. They are basically a wet weather road race tire, hooks pretty darn good in the dry and will do way better than a true drag radial in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraman View Post
                      555's or 555r's?

Comment

555 are street tires the 555r's are the nitto drag radials. Don't matter like everyone says M/T et streets way better but don't last as long.

Comment

I run Hoosier quicktime pros and they hook like no other on the street, to me they suck on the track. If i had to run a radial i would go with M/T
                          Street car.

Comment

ET Street Radials

Comment

nittos all the way for a daily driver
                              Big Rooster Racing
                              1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Working...
                              X