91 SHO EDIS question, failing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 SHO EDIS question, failing.

Had a leaky water pump o-ring so I swapped in a new pump and o-rings, put it all back together and now under moderate load the car dies. I pulled over and checked for spark and had no spark. put a screwdriver on an injector and had someone try and start the car, I heard no injector pulse.

It did not die prior to the water pump job, and it only fails under moderate load like accelerating to get on the freeway.

Does this sound typical of a bad transistor/EDIS module? the tach still reads when cranking but no spark.

Sounds like the crankshaft position sensor got wet or out of adjustment( probably wet as its below the water pump). If its not functioning then you wont get any pulses to the injectors or spark. I'd hop on shoforum.com and search CPS or Crankshaft position sensor, and there is a troubleshooting section on there for it and also writeups on how to replace it.

Edit: Just saw the tach still reading which would suggest something else is up other than the CPS. I'd check for codes.

Comment

shoforum is unfortunately full of people who have no clue including the mod's. so much bad or misinformation there.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
        shoforum is unfortunately full of people who have no clue including the mod's. so much bad or misinformation there.
        I've owned 6 of them over the years and shoforum did me well but it was also several years ago. You should find useful info if you search old threads and stickies. Also, if your in DFW there is fordbastards.org and Tony Huerta on that forum is a sho mechanic. Those guys are all veteran sho owners. They could probably get you squared away.

Comment

Working...
        X