Never ending tranny problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never ending tranny problems

I found out the issue with my trans not engaging. It was the clutch...the shop that swapped in the 2nd transmission failed to tighten all of the bolts, so only 3 were holding it in place, allowing it to torque. The piece where the splines meet the clutch was turned about 30-40 degrees off after it was pulled.

I sent a tr3650 I had in the garage to a reputable local shop (Wilson Auto) to be refreshed. They ended up putting in new 1st and 2nd gear syncros in it.
    I also purchased a new clutch cable, clutch assembly, Ford pilot and throwout bearing, and a new pro5.0 shifter.
    After it was all together in the car, 3.17 quarts of syncromesh were put into the transmission, the clutch was adjusted properly, along with the shifter, and it ran great. For a little bit.
    About 30 miles after it was back up and running, I shifted to second gear and I had a little grind. I never had shifted it hard yet, and I took it even easier on it. It's now bad enough it's back to how that 2nd gear syncro was before the rebuild.

1st gear never scratched on me before, but now it does.

What in the hell happened? I'm going to drop by the shop that did the rebuild on it, but before then is there anything I am missing?
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Could be adjustment on the clutch.
    Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

TL;DR

Learn how to drive.

Comment

Stop going to those kind of bars!

Comment

I'll double-check the cable, Jetboat

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
            Stop going to those kind of bars!
            T(y)ranny!

sigpic

Comment

I would just take it back and say its not right.

Comment

Originally posted by FOKAI View Post
                I would just take it back and say its not right.
                That's what I'm going to do tomorrow. There's always something I can miss, so I figured I'd check with DFWM first.

sigpic

Comment

Went to Wilson Auto today and got my money back.

sigpic

Comment

Someone is missing something here.

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                      Someone is missing something here.
                      definitely. I'm just glad they made it right...i don't care if they knowingly made a mistake, I got my money back, so no complaints.

sigpic

Comment

lmgdao, best thread title ever.

Comment

syncro mesh why? I have only used atf in all the thousands of mustangs i had never had any issuse's Noah at Dallas mustang has always done my tranny rebuilds never had a issuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                            syncro mesh why? I have only used atf in all the thousands of mustangs i had never had any issuse's Noah at Dallas mustang has always done my tranny rebuilds never had a issuse.
                            I did a previous 3650 fluid change and put in synchromesh...it made it perform much better. I think the tremec engineers recommended synchromesh when they issued the recall on the crappy 3650 transmission and told everyone that they were overfilled from the factory.

How much would your guy charge for a 1st & 2nd gear syncro change?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                              I did a previous 3650 fluid change and put in synchromesh...it made it perform much better. I think the tremec engineers recommended synchromesh when they issued the recall on the crappy 3650 transmission and told everyone that they were overfilled from the factory.

How much would your guy charge for a 1st & 2nd gear syncro change?

Call Noah @ DALLAS MUSTANG 214 349 0991
                              Tell him i sent you.

Comment

Working...
                              X