No announcement yet.

2012 gt vibrations!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the vibration change or go away with gear slections?

Did the dealer use a Vibration Analyzer? If so, what readings?
    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

I figured it was in the rear end. And for the modding under warranty thing, the car was done all at the same time. I was told it needed a new shaft so it got that and every other part it has at 600 miles. I don't believe they used a analyzer. Brooks where are u at there days?? It feels like something you would get from a bad u joint.

Comment

The shop is in Haslet, but I live in Saginaw.

It just depends on what time of day you come by...

Comment

It would be better to just drop it off...not my daily. Just my broken toy.

Comment

Did the vibration start with the first gear change? How low did you go with the gears? If you have changed everything in the rear and driveshaft then I would look at the engine and tranny. Lower gears means more RPM at 60 than what was with stock gears. Possible harmonic balancer or something on the engine that rotates, just another thought to the problem.

DON

Comment

I went down to 4.10 gears. I am prob just going to suck.it up and take it back to the dealer and prepare to take a good ol screwing.

Comment

Try playing with the adjustment of the upper control arm before taking it back to the dealer.

Comment

Should have left it stock.
                  One day at a time.

Comment

u need to turn the drive shaft on the differential flange......turn it in 1/4 turn increments till it stops

Comment

The 1/4 inch turn thing is prob not the issue. Scott...u.can suck it.

Comment

When the vibration is strong at say the 80 point, have you tried pushing the clutch in, or easing it into neutral to see if it goes away or lessens. It will help in diagnosing if you find this part out.

Comment

Its an auto. Kinda goes away after letting off throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                            ... don't mod a car while trying to find vibration issues
                            ^^^^this!!!

Comment

My 2012 also has an annoying vibe from 60-80. I've had the tires rebalanced 3 times at multiple places, and it didn't seem to help. I can feel mine slightly through the steering wheel, but more through the seat(the empty passenger seat will shake visibly at 70-75).

Mine is bone stock driveline wise, with the wheels and tires being the only thing I've changed to the car, but they are OEM Ford wheels and according to multiple shops, they are not out of balance.

The rear end was bent when it was hit a few weeks ago, so I've got my fingers crossed that all will be well with the new rear.
                              2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Jason...u suck it to. Why don't you go see if you can find a bigger hood or something. DOUCHEBAG

Comment

Working...
                                X