Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the gov or rev limiter.

I just got my ass handed to me by a 2011-2012 5.0
    I pulled to his side. Dropped it in 2nd. Expecting to redline. Instead the fucking rev bullshit. Cut power off. I was not expecting that.

Anyway. Would bypassing the rev limiter void my warranty?
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

How fast were you going?

Comment

So you were going too fast when you dropped it into second gear?
      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
      '13 Dodge Cummins
      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Any change to the factory tune has the potential to void the warranty if discovered

It sounds like you nearly mechanically over-revved the motor. Be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          Any change to the factory tune has the potential to void the warranty if discovered

It sounds like you nearly mechanically over-revved the motor. Be careful.
          X2, don't fuck with it. It probably saved you an engine. Do some reading on the damage that can be done with a mechanical overrev.

Comment

It's really easy to hit the limiter, even seeing the factory shift light flash. You just have to learn to watch the tach and shift before you hit 7k. If you don't have the shifter bracket yet, you should get one, or trying to find 3rd will get you as well. It just takes some getting used to.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I was doing about 45mph.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                It's really easy to hit the limiter, even seeing the factory shift light flash. You just have to learn to watch the tach and shift before you hit 7k. If you don't have the shifter bracket yet, you should get one, or trying to find 3rd will get you as well. It just takes some getting used to.
                Im waiting on cj pony parts to send my parts out.
                Orderd a barton bracket. TRI-AX shifter and one of those old school knobs that take two weeks to make.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I waited about 5 weeks for my MGW, which is ridiculous, but every shift is there now, especially 3rd, which disappears at high rpm/throttle without the bracket.

Let us know how the Tri-Ax is.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                    I waited about 5 weeks for my MGW, which is ridiculous, but every shift is there now, especially 3rd, which disappears at high rpm/throttle without the bracket.

Let us know how the Tri-Ax is.
                    Will do. I was going to get the mgw. But wanted to save a little cash.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Sounds more like the traction control kicked in than the rev limiter. It will cut power the same way, if it feels a bit of slip in the rear wheels. Turn it off next time you try to race someone.

Comment

You sure it was the rev limiter and not the traction/stability control?
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                          You sure it was the rev limiter and not the traction/stability control?
                          Yes. Because we did a 2nd run in 2nd gear. From a rolling 40mph tried to redline it. And it happens agin. That was the first time I ever tried to open it up.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Maybe it's a sign that you need to shift to 3rd?

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                              Im waiting on cj pony parts to send my parts out.
                              Orderd a barton bracket. TRI-AX shifter and one of those old school knobs that take two weeks to make.
                              Latemodel has the bracket in stock!!

Comment

Working...
                              X