5.0 Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.0 Headers

Can't decide on a brand. Pypes, JPC, ARH, Kooks, SW. Some are $750-800, others are $1300+. Already have a lethal off-road xpipe but could easily remove or sell that.

2012 GT. Can't make the car too loud. Stock mufflers. Wife's daily driver, just want another 20-30hp.

ARH or kooks would be my choice. Every set of pypes i have installed have never fit properly.

Comment

you get what you pay for. do it once.
      One day at a time.

Comment

I'm running BBK's on mine. HPP just did a baseline pull before the blower install and she made 430hp/420tq. They seem to make power and aren't nearly as expensive as the others.

Comment

pypes are junk

Comment

i just dont think the horsepower/dollar is there for longtubes and another mid-pipe for these new 5.0's.
            2011 Mustang GT
            sigpic

Comment

People are seeing 20-30hp. That would be worth it. Car dynoed 380rwhp through the auto with SCT/xpipe/airaid intake. I just want another ~20-30. Currently runs high 12s@110-111mph at 6000+DA. Should be a low 12 second car in Dallas easy enough.

Comment

Hooker headers used to be the shit back in the day. Don't know what people think of them now.

Comment

American racing FTW!!!!!
                  2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Yah, ARH are top notch but you pay for them. I don't need top shelf parts. Hell, I may just go turbos and skip the headers.

Comment

the pypes x we put on marisa's car went on without fitment issue, fwiw

Comment

Mbrp is good..

Comment

I have StainlessWorks, good shit.
                          2012 GT/CS & 93 Cobra
                          sigpic

Comment

Over on SVTP, there were a couple write-ups in the last few days on Kooks and Pypes...might help towards your decision.

As promised..... here is the next article I am doing. With the coyote's still showing everyone that they are the best thing Ford has ever put in the pony.... The aftermarket industry is right their with them on producing products that wake the bad boys right up!! I still remember when making...

As I have posted lately, Pypes has stepped up their game with the newer mustangs. With design, quality, and sound...... they have deff made a good impression on this industry. Plus.... for a in-expensive stainless steel system... you really cannot beat it. BBR had the chance to recently play...
                            Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Fastest stock longblock n/a 5.0 in the world runs Pypes exhaust from headers back. They might not fit worth a shit (I don't know) but there isn't anyone faster with the more expensive parts.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                              X