Stock '13 GT rims question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
    ^ Yup, the color, especially with a green car is what I'm looking at mostly.

The stockers are definitely 19x8.5, Discount tire verified it. These tires would fit a 19x9 rim, but be a little on the skinny side, may not protect the rims against curb rash as well as a little wider tire would (like normally come on these rims from Ford).
    I think when he said the main appeal is color, he was referring to the gunmetal color of the OEM Brembo Package wheels. The black finish of the Ford Racing wheels really cheapens the look.

As far as rim protection, I wouldn't run anything narrower than stock(255) with these wheels. They are VERY prone to curb damage, even with the stock Pirellis that have a pronounced "rim protector" area.
    2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

My 19x9 Brembo wheels came with 255/40-19 Pirelli P-Zero tires and they were WAY too skinny for that wheel IMO. Yes that upright sidewall gives sharp, crisp handling, but it also offers zero protection from curbs and road debris. I would run a 275/40-19 on them. I think the OEM 245 summer tires are too small.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

My GT/CS had 19x8.5" wheels with a 245/45-19 on them from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
          My GT/CS had 19x8.5" wheels with a 245/45-19 on them from the factory.
          What size rim/tire did you go with Doug? I forgot what you had posted before, too lazy to search!

Comment

I went with a 19x8.5 in the front and a 9.5 in the back. Sold my wheels, kept my TPMS's, kept my takeoff tires for the front and bought 4 new wheels and 2 tires. I'll run the extra fronts when the others wear out. Once I actually have to BUY fronts, I'll put a little wider tire as I think the 245 Pirellis look to small for the 8.5 rim. I've got 275/40's on the back. (and a set of 305/35 MT's for summer time)

Comment

Working...
            X