Stock '13 GT rims question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock '13 GT rims question

How the heck can I tell if these stock GT 19" rims are 19x8.5 or 19x9? The tires are 245/45R/19

I found some rims I like, but don't want to spend extra on tires too, so if I can keep these tires, I'll think pretty hard about getting some. If these tires won't fit, I'll probably wait until I wear these out and maybe go to a 20 then.

The rims I'm looking at are 19x9's, Ford Racing Brembo rims in black!

Or possibly the BOSS 302S rims in 19x10 rear/19x9 front if I have to get new tires

Boss ones are cooler. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Dont listen to this guy, Rob.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Yeah, I'm really liking them too! Lyn will probably like those best, she likes the shiny parts!

Only $279 each for them too, not too bad compared to what else I've been seeing!

Baron, the Brembo rim is still my favorite one tho.

Comment

I would bet they're 18x8 or 18x8.5. All the older ones (SN95) that came from the factory with 245/45/17 were 17x8 inch wheels. 03/04 Cobras that were 17x9 came with 275/40/17 from the factory. FWIW I stretched a 245/40/18 tire onto an 18x9.5 inch wheel.

Comment

I think the stock rims are 8.5" but the 245 should fit on a 9". I wouldn't go any wider.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
              I would bet they're 18x8 or 18x8.5. All the older ones (SN95) that came from the factory with 245/45/17 were 17x8 inch wheels. 03/04 Cobras that were 17x9 came with 275/40/17 from the factory. FWIW I stretched a 245/40/18 tire onto an 18x9.5 inch wheel.
              Did you mean 19x8 or 19x8.5? They are 19's for sure, not 18's.

I found the Brembo Ford racing rims on Ebay for $760, + $99 shipping. Damn good price! I may have to get them and just wait to buy tires later, LOL

Comment

The only OEM 9" wide wheels for a GT are the Brembo wheels.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  Did you mean 19x8 or 19x8.5? They are 19's for sure, not 18's.

I found the Brembo Ford racing rims on Ebay for $760, + $99 shipping. Damn good price! I may have to get them and just wait to buy tires later, LOL
                  Yes, the first part should have said 19x8 or 19x8.5. Sorry about that.

Comment

Between the two, the Boss wheel.

Comment

Sneaky (Billy) was talking the other night about maybe finding someone selling their take off 19" tires. Might want to contact him if you are wanting to sell your 19" tires.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Sometimes it helps to see them on a real car.

And here's one I really like (and widely available in the aftermarket), the 2010 GT500 wheel.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

anything> all black wheel.
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

You should be able to find a set of takeoffs from a Brembo car for around $500 if you look hard enough. I have seen sets with tires go for less than $1000.

To me a big part of that wheels appeal is the color.

Comment

^ Yup, the color, especially with a green car is what I'm looking at mostly.

The stockers are definitely 19x8.5, Discount tire verified it. These tires would fit a 19x9 rim, but be a little on the skinny side, may not protect the rims against curb rash as well as a little wider tire would (like normally come on these rims from Ford).

Comment

Working...
                              X