X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a blow thru s trim on my carb'd 351w

I got this v2 s trim complete setup off a friends 95 5.0
    And thought why not try it on my 351w in a blow through config

But I'll admit to not knowing anything about setting one up in this way.

Other than a new carb, hat, and better fuel delivery to such, what would I Need
    That wouldn't come with the setup he was using on his efi 302 ?

I plan on doing some reading, just thought I'd ask here as well

You will need a bigger than normal return line - as the slower moving fuel doesn't like obstruction. I'd be looking for the Aeromotive 13202 regulator and the A1000 pump. Use a -10 feed and return. That's enough fuel system for 1500HP and dead reliable.

For the carb, and that power level, you can get by with a 650 double pumper. I'd suggest a QFT - and get one with removable air bleeds and PVRC restrictors.

Last but not least, you will need some sort of boost referenced power valves. If you don't do this part, you will chase your tail forever trying to get a lean cruise and enrichment under WOT. There aren't any places I know of that sell BRPV's without their carb - but I can custom make them.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
      You will need a bigger than normal return line - as the slower moving fuel doesn't like obstruction. I'd be looking for the Aeromotive 13202 regulator and the A1000 pump. Use a -10 feed and return. That's enough fuel system for 1500HP and dead reliable.

For the carb, and that power level, you can get by with a 650 double pumper. I'd suggest a QFT - and get one with removable air bleeds and PVRC restrictors.

Last but not least, you will need some sort of boost referenced power valves. If you don't do this part, you will chase your tail forever trying to get a lean cruise and enrichment under WOT. There aren't any places I know of that sell BRPV's without their carb - but I can custom make them.

This man knows!!!! Only the best.
      81 LX
      82 GT

Comment

Thanks,
        Mainly in the info gathering stage.
        I want to know what I'm into before I start turning bolts ya know.

Comment

Working...
        X