Car/Truck to snag a bigger Alt. off of for 89 notch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car/Truck to snag a bigger Alt. off of for 89 notch

WI put a electric fan and aftermarket headunit,speakers,2 little amps and out of tank Holley fuel pump and now my volt meter is to the left everytime I hit the brakes,turn on lights,or music is up. Hitting the pick n pulls tomorrow and need to know what I need to look for? Case size and mounting is pretty open since previouse owner shaved the bracket and put a turn buckle off the block for topamountingg point. How hard would be to make it a 1 wire like I want? As always your advice and info is greatly appreciated.
    Ace Duce

I can't play in the deep end of the sandbox, that's where the leprechaun is and he tells me to burn things!
    sigpic

These cars have 3G 130A clocked at 12:00 and will require fox bracket notched:
    94-95 GT Mustang
    94-06 V6 Mustang
    94-97 3.8L Thunderbird **NON-S/C**
    94-97 V6 t-bird

Edited to keep confusion down, get one of these ^ it'll bolt right up.
    Last edited by white88; 01-05-2013, 11:36 PM.
    '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
    '13 Dodge Cummins
    '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I was trying to post a pic of the way its set up and it wont let me pick a file or post a link. Can someone help me out.
      Ace Duce

I can't play in the deep end of the sandbox, that's where the leprechaun is and he tells me to burn things!
      sigpic

Comment

Photobucket, copy and paste the IMG link.
        '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
        '13 Dodge Cummins
        '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          Ace Duce

sigpic

Comment

Thx White....Think got the link up now.

What do you mean when you say they're clocked? Also will I need the wiring harness off the other cars or will my two plug straight up?
            Ace Duce

sigpic

Comment

The alternators I listed will work. Get the correct thermostat housing too, it'll help keep the upper radiator hose off of the alt.
              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
              '13 Dodge Cummins
              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by geartaker View Post
                Thx White....Think got the link up now.

What do you mean when you say they're clocked? Also will I need the wiring harness off the other cars or will my two plug straight up?
                No problem. The ones that are clocked differently can be reclocked but its easier to get the one you don't have to mess with. You will use part of the Fox alt harness and you'll need a 4 gauge cable to go from the battery or solenoid to the alt, preferably with an inline fuse. Do a Google search there are some pretty good write ups on the conversion.
                '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                '13 Dodge Cummins
                '14 Rubicon X

Comment

i have a 3g alternator for 30 bucks.

oh and i have the alternator bracket already notched for 30 as well. save your self some time and trouble...

Comment

Jacob shoot me a pm with info please

Again thanks White, you wouldn't happen to know where I ould find pics or diagram of how the wiring will need to be done?
                    Ace Duce

sigpic

Comment

Yes sir

'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                      '13 Dodge Cummins
                      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

i pmd you this link is well, i believe this is the one i followed and it was easy even for me lol

Comment

WHITE.... You are my new hero.....Thank you
                          Ace Duce

sigpic

Comment

oh and clocking is just unscrewing the 3 bolts on the case to let it split in half and turning one half 1/3 or 2/3 and bolting it back together. this is done so the connector can be facing the right way

Comment

you beat me to it

Comment

Working...
                              X