95 5.0 HCI swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 5.0 HCI swap

So it is time to replace my stock stuff, I have a GT40 intake, trickflow heads, and and a stage 1 cam all waiting to be put on. I am looking for a fresh block too, but that is not crucial to me.

I think I need 24lb injectors and a maf to match, a larger TB. possibly go to a fox body setup to avoid the intake elbow which I have heard can be a problem.

Should I buy an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, or any good ideas? Am I on the right path? I am more of a paint and body guy than a motor guy. I am going to learn really fast I guess. This is my daily driver, I do not mind having it down while I do the swap, however it needs to be capable of being a daily driver, that is why I chose the stage 1 cam, and after the swap I plan on taking it to get tuned somewhere in the Fort Worth area.

Thank you.

No adj reg needed. Sounds like a plan. If doing the fox tb you will need a fox TPS, IAC, throttle cable, cruise cable, throttle cable bracket, egr spacer or delete plate. GT40 upper intake can be opened up to a true 70mm but after that the restriction is in the neck area because of the bolt. It causes a pinched area. I'd just get a 70mm tb and 45 degree TF elbow.

Comment

If you get #24 injectors use ONLY a C & L with the propper tube color. I tried a summit air mass and it was trash!

Comment

Originally posted by TX21 View Post
        If you get #24 injectors use ONLY a C & L with the propper tube color. I tried a summit air mass and it was trash!
        You're one of the few people that actually like the C&L style.

Comment

Buy the elbow and call it a day.

Comment

Thank you for the information. i was going to buy another BBK TB, and i dont care about the brand the injectors or maf are (might be a mistake for not caring)

Comment

You know that the GT40 Upper only has a 65mm tb opening right? Do you already have a BBK 65mm? If it were me I would stick a 94-95 cobra ECM in there that is already calibrated for 24's and just stick with the stock MAF meter. It's already 70mm so really nothing to gain if keeping the GT40 intake and the revs below 6000. When you decide to upgrade the upper to a Systemax or TFS R then go with a 75mm BBK tb and a 90mm LMAF meter. Cheap and work great up to 400hp.

Well you may gain 5-6hp with the C&L only because it leans it out, but the driveability is not up to par with that of a stock MAF meter. Now if you can get the meter for $50 then sure why not.

Comment

Working...
              X