Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a porta power they want to loan for 5 minutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a porta power they want to loan for 5 minutes?

My MAC LTs aren't lining up with my Lethal Performance catted x-pipe and someone suggested using a porta power to spread the collectors wide enough to mount the mid-pipe. I have no idea why it isn't lining up as the mid-pipe was made for MAC LTs. If anyone happens to have a porta power for me to do this real fast or has any other clever ideas, let me know!
    sigpic

Had to do this once on a friends car. We put a jack between the collectors on his mid pipe and spread it out that way.
    '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
    '13 Dodge Cummins
    '14 Rubicon X

Comment

location? I have two of them!

Comment

I'm in Lewisville off Corporate
        sigpic

Comment

I'd buy a suitable bottle jack to do the job. If you're going to need something once, you'll likely need it twice
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            I'd buy a suitable bottle jack to do the job. If you're going to need something once, you'll likely need it twice
            Ah man! Sorry guys. I just realized the motorcycle jack I'm borrowing right now has a bottle jack that can be removed. I'm an idiot. I should be able to use this to make it work. Thanks for jogging my memory!
            sigpic

Comment

So what are my chances of damaging the long tube headers by spreading them like 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch?
              sigpic

Comment

Correction: more like an inch or more

sigpic

Comment

can't you use a ratchet strap

Comment

Looks like it would be easier to ratchet strap the X pipe and close it up some, unless there are clearance issues with the trans/crossmember?

Maybe do a little of both, spread headers slightly and close the X-pipe some.

Comment

Do y'all think a ratchet strap will really be able to bring the mid pipe together? Seems like its pretty damn stiff. I would definitely give it a try though
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brtnstrns View Post
                        Do y'all think a ratchet strap will really be able to bring the mid pipe together? Seems like its pretty damn stiff. I would definitely give it a try though
                        no but its worth a shot! you would better off taking it to a muffler shop or welder and let them bend it properly to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          no but its worth a shot! you would better off taking it to a muffler shop or welder and let them bend it properly to fit.
                          Ha. Perfect amount of confidence. Unfortunately, I can't move the car anywhere as I don't have something to put in its place temporarily. I would have to figure out the perfect measurements ahead of time and then take the mid pipe somewhere....then again that may not be that hard.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brtnstrns View Post
                            Ha. Perfect amount of confidence. Unfortunately, I can't move the car anywhere as I don't have something to put in its place temporarily. I would have to figure out the perfect measurements ahead of time and then take the mid pipe somewhere....then again that may not be that hard.
                            well then take it off then rachet it with a strap or beat the hell out of it with a hammer until its bent properly! do not put it on under stress or preasure or your shit will leak

Comment

also you could make a cardboard template and take that to your muffler shop!

Comment

Working...
                              X