No announcement yet.

Boost a Pump. Good Product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I spoke to a Walbro rep and a guy at Kenne Belle. The Walbro rep told me that the stronger 255 would pull the fuel through the in tank 190 and basically render it as a pickup. BY Boosting the 255 I will end up with a pump that acts like a 380lph pump. This way I can do all of my part throttle driving with the 190 in tank and then a Hobbs switch will turn on the 255 inline and the Boost a Pump when I hit 2#'s or more. Very little cross flow issues between the tanks when doing it this way.

Comment

I see..

Comment

I have a BAP on my A1000 and have it come on at 5lbs and no issues on mine.

Comment

Better to pull than push? Somebody told you wrong.

Just buy a Bosch 044 in tank and stop stacking bullshit in an attempt to preserve the already flawed setup you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
            Well because then it will only flow as much as the inline 255 can pull. Better to pull then push. That's what I've always been told anyway.
            you are thinking of radiator fans with the pull is better than push

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
              Better to pull than push? Somebody told you wrong.

Just buy a Bosch 044 in tank and stop stacking bullshit in an attempt to preserve the already flawed setup you have.
              Ok Hotrod, how the hell are you going to prevent the cross flow issues associated with the stock tank modules and high flow pumps? It happens, it's a fact. I'm not ditching the front tank. I have considered running a 190 in both tanks then having them both run at the same time activated via Hobbs switch, and that would be the easy fix, but I'm not interested in turning my race gas into a pump gas/ race gas blend.

Comment

I have aftermarket rails I will sell you.

Comment

I would just get a single cell and be done with the dual tanks. Further complication of a fuel system that has issues in stock form is not something I would want in a performance application.

Comment

Yes but I actually drive my truck on a weekly basis. I actually haul things with it. I use the bed. It actually had 3 sheets of plywood, a Bosch Jack hammer, and 2 ladders in the bed right this second. It''s not a race car. It idles smooth as stock at 650 rpm, has a great working AC, all power, good stereo, street tires, etc.................I could sump the rear tank and delete the front, but I want to actually enjoy it and drive it 200 miles a week. Can't do that with a tank full of $9 a gallon race gas. I can however put race gas in front and 93 in the back, install a Boost a Pump to the inline, and enjoy the truck like it was meant to be driven. That's why I asked about the Boost a Pump.

Comment

Makes sense. I respect fast cars that are actually used more than anything. Is mounting a larger single tank under the bed out of the question? I just did a quick search and it looks like a 32 gallon bronco tank will fit with some work.

Comment

Yes a Bronco tank would work but it hangs 12" below my Rollpan. In addition to that I like running 2 types of fuel, especially when it gets hot outside.

Comment

Working...
                        X